Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you park next to? (Or what makes the Roadster look tiny?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on my limited observation, the CAC does drop after a road trip. My theory is that when I'm driving close to home, the SOC rarely ever dips below 50% SOC. But on a road trip, I sometimes stretch down to 10% SOC to get to my destination or charger. When the SOC goes lower, the car now has more data to calculate the CAC.

So my theory is that the health of the battery slowly gets worse and worse, but car doesn't have enough data to calculate the CAC correctly. And when you go on a road trip, you're not degrading your battery all at once, you're just giving the car more data to calculate a more accurate CAC. The actual health of the battery has been slowly degrading but the car didn't have enough data to calculate or display it.

That's my theory anyway. Any comments or feedback? Does the road trip actually degrade the battery, or just improves the accuracy of the CAC?

your theory makes sense

Reactions: ra88it
Parked next to its distant cousin.

Attachments

• IMG_6576.jpg
    IMG_6576.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
I don't keep the rear hatch open, but I do open the front hood when I have it on the 240V cord, I think it helps remove the heat better when the fans are running. After it is charged I close the front, put it on the 120V, 12 amp cord to keep the charge.

• Helpful
Reactions: ra88it
At least they're not transforged mirrors.

I have two sets of GRP mirrors on the way... hold your horses, i'm trying to recover from the hardtop, can, and other things you made me buy.....and still have to buy rotors and pads! darn you! *shakes fist* haha

i'm curious about the GRP mirrors fitment.

there were posts about Transforged not fitting exactly flush, and before we throw them under the bus again, i saw posts about the Exige V6 having the same issue, in that the Roadster mirror mount area had a slightly different curvature than Lotus and the mirror mount bases needing to be slightly modified to fit perfectly.

Reactions: GJVR
i'm curious about the GRP mirrors fitment.

there were posts about Transforged not fitting exactly flush, and before we throw them under the bus again, i saw posts about the Exige V6 having the same issue, in that the Roadster mirror mount area had a slightly different curvature than Lotus and the mirror mount bases needing to be slightly modified to fit perfectly.
Phenomenal. I’ll post photos. I’m sure Greg would be happy to come over and install them on both cars with photos of fitment/use/loss of use.

posts about Transforged not fitting exactly flush, and before we throw them under the bus again, i saw posts about the Exige V6 having the same issue, in that the Roadster mirror mount area had a slightly different curvature than Lotus and the mirror mount bases needing to be slightly modified to fit perfectly.

Agreed Drewski.

I have both the taillights and the mirrors from Transforged. Both stunning imo.

Both needed additional work and repairs. Bad aftersales.

Upside: this really brings out your inner technician.

And is in line with the entire Roadster experience / lifestyle.:

Pay a lot of money, then you are on your own.
But it is still fantastic and makes me smile everyday.

Attachments

• 28493FFF-1848-4B6B-A87E-C053D108C7BE.jpeg
    28493FFF-1848-4B6B-A87E-C053D108C7BE.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 51
  • B81164BB-35CE-4E50-AD90-24DF2DA25842.jpeg
    B81164BB-35CE-4E50-AD90-24DF2DA25842.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Love
Reactions: drewski
Agreed Drewski.

I have both the taillights and the mirrors from Transforged. Both stunning imo.

Both needed additional work and repairs. Bad aftersales.

Upside: this really brings out your inner technician.

And is in line with the entire Roadster experience / lifestyle.:

Pay a lot of money, then you are on your own.
But it is still fantastic and makes me smile everyday.

i have a set of the TransForged V1 mirror stalks with just the raw unpainted 3D printed plastic.

i emailed Mick and he said he could send me cut black or CF printed vinyl for them and then he disappeared.

granted this was shortly before the C-19 lockdowns began, but it sounds like this is not atypical