Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you sell/trade for your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 BMW M2 Competition 6MT. In the process of selling. Took delivery of my M3P less than a month. I'll miss the engagement of the M2, but my back thanks me everyday I drive my Model 3. Power is similar, but instant and easy in the M3P. I'll miss how easy it was to get the back out on the M2. Don't miss the maintenance or the cost of fuel.

Sorry if already posted before. Just curious what others have sold/traded for their model 3 and how they are enjoying the 3 vs their old vehicle.

I’m coming from a 2018 VW GTI. Haven’t taken delivery yet, but am sure I will love my 3 way more!
A Tesla 2008 Roadster. 9 great years to introduce me to Tesla
2617992A-4545-411B-8EB9-83C6F9F8EE35.jpeg

Reactions: cmy4x4
I bought the 3 to replace my Model Y. The Y was one of the cars that I've ever had the biggest amount of buyer's remorse with.

To put it tactfully, I think the Y was far worse than the hype around it. The 3 is SUCH a better car. Not a single day goes by that I ever miss my Y now. The ONLY thing I think the Y has over the 3 is more room and being able to tow a trailer "legally - as in no warranty impacts in the US". Everywhere else it is a vastly inferior car compared to the 3.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Technically nothing. I sold our Mazda Miata to CarMax and used the proceeds to pay off our Mazda CX-5. Then we leased the Model 3 as a replacement for the Miata, which was my daily. It was no longer practical for our use case and despite the "fun" it's just not a great commuter car. Do I miss having a sports car, yes; do I miss getting gas, no, not even a little bit.

And for anyone wondering, no, I don't think there is CarMax is Azerbaijan. 🤔

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Mk7.5 VW GTI with the DSG. It was a superb car, and absolutely loved it. I really only traded because ive been wanting to go electric for a while.

Definitely been considering a Golf R with the 6 speed for a weekend toy now.

Attachments

• 1678849420535.jpeg
    1678849420535.jpeg
    920.5 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: SQ97
Mk7.5 VW GTI with the DSG. It was a superb car, and absolutely loved it. I really only traded because ive been wanting to go electric for a while.

Definitely been considering a Golf R with the 6 speed for a weekend toy now.
I replaced a focus with my LR, but looked hard at the MK7's. Very compelling cars. I found a used one with literally every option and told myself it was that GTI or no GTI. The only catch was the radar was broken and the selling dealer refused to fix it. I walked.

Looked at some A4/S4's, but I couldn't find the spec I wanted for the price I wanted, and the interiors were a bit tight for me, so I went for the 3.

Went from a Prius Prime (sold it for what I paid for it 4yrs ago) to a M3P.

That Prius was "temporary" for much longer than I'd liked. It was also the first car Id ever owned in 3 decades of driving without 3 pedals.

I was nervous I'd miss shifting on a fun car (I never really counted the Prius), but I just see it as the future now.

For $48k (after tax credits) I got a car that is an absolute beast off the line and the throttle response is insane.

Sold my 2012 Chevy Volt. All around great car, but not practical for carting around clients due to small size. I was also happy to transition back to a real sedan with a trunk rather than a hatchback since the volt always smelled like my gym bag :eek: I knew I wanted to buy a model 3 when it came out, but it took a while for the funds to come together, so for several months, I would take a picture whenever I parked near a model 3 and send it to my wife

ADCreHd5S-VbqqzqJ1Qx_4nBUk9l30yWG-fmVK437Hb84gTW8T61yIsq9bfhklYwGh9mFKtOWWT0H_jw1VCKSYEcoICr4r1Hv1fi2WGcqjlKy7ip8UmXryPqP7cSCs2yT-Zb0gdCqbOoH8gERaacvr_Zk90EcrkX0N1LS2M4GelrvJFQe5WcFfoYVloXyD1Z95eoI7YBTUA21GK5NmqgHhFZVsr0nrXjBnSg6R5IxCwqTUbxrgNVfSTHN-0MoDpvjZb0YJ1ImnKLow42V-glEaaWW5Yav0eLhBccjogS4k9FPG8TiHNhPEUQ3A_insZFmPMd9seBB81bMiTHmmYxeHbawnI4uJoHAk5xtLdTqs9feyOoDa7B7WSXvWVPk7I03oB9mGRtTbC0GF91c9DwwdX4gcYfbdaR-v87HZUvrTY0I1W0mezrXHJ6yB9YPwjVSVyrXzRj2YyGftYlTZEGjukkEj9QI-UrzTdKmxBHZ21ip7EJKkgtEfGaSi8NheJrGtpZnYhVOI-YGDnfXJEVHOhzIE9H6YX_dHLKMofrUByuOQ9yaT-K7MKhMpedzexVXOaqU5qbmVE7q0_HYPjJRfTCt9H-uA7FI26xRjsmxA6FsNEShIo9_jK_db79QIlho0gSS9OkAPjmJ8Mg6yh2leIPk3_uwvun21fB6iS9_1pUC3VdaBjtbTLwqIJqxw-8vJm4dJcAK8p3J-EAi0vLsTDxuUcSF1czeq4x9lt1-hAcQ63hSqr6Fp_hu_TqJwbmHakoQHH4r0EXniHiyGAqpr-9faw0NEoe4zW5RFngv-e5hyCN4yiGAdP8ZXihwkjr_nnVAMLZXCE9HC2NObpWM2JxkDwYNezi8pmDIzd022k04TamemPZNoeJ-Ld-8hz-tSEYgqb76A=w1899-h923-s-no-gm

A minty 2005 LS430! I love my M3 but I still miss the LS.

View attachment 737819
@tbisaacs Old post, but hey! I know you from Ih8mud! :cool:

2017 Jetta SE. I only bought it because my 2014 Charger RT was totaled in a hit and run. I had that car since new and I loved that car. The Jetta was a quick replacement until I got something I wanted. At the time I was in a rental but that would only last so long since my insurance wanted to total my car. I didn't have time to do proper research so the Jetta was just something quick and somewhat cheap. The original plan was to get another Charger RT or even Challenger as the replacement but the prices at that time was ridiculous. I work security and I just bough a condo so its not like I make a lot of money, lol.