Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you sell/trade for your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming from a 2018 Nissan Altima SL. Just got my 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range with 19" rims + Performance Boost a few days ago.

HUGE upgrade of me. Night and day change. Will never go back to gas, or even lower tech cars, after this.

Also, important to note, I am NOT a car guy or car geek at all. Could have cared less really until now.

Sold my 2019 Genesis G70 to Carmax two weeks ago.. awaiting delivery of my M3P.

Absolutely loved the Genesis but couldn’t turn down $8k more than what I paid for it 18 months ago.

Attachments

• 6EE709F3-5814-4831-B81D-96329483BBCE.jpeg
    6EE709F3-5814-4831-B81D-96329483BBCE.jpeg
    603.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 1480509F-8A0D-4D2D-B1E5-2680C08B9FAB.jpeg
    1480509F-8A0D-4D2D-B1E5-2680C08B9FAB.jpeg
    635.2 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Taxvictim
Sold my 2012 tesla model P85 and a 2012 Jeep wrangler.....while waiting for my model 3lr, I lost all my money flying to CA and buying what I thought was a 2020 Model Y....big mistake....hoping to get part of my money back from my bank(Cashiers check). ETA Dec 5-31st for model 3.

Reactions: Taxvictim
Sold this B5 Scat Pack Charger for my M3P. Loved all 5 years with it but was very aware of the gas guzzling nature of the beast. It was a fantastic car, and I'm excited to see what Dodge has cooking for their "eMuscle" concept. All the old school Mopar guys are crying salty tears, but they can get over it.

View attachment 738867
Went from a slightly older Charger to my LR 3. It’s crazy how much I save on gas and how much more fun it is to drive the 3.

My friend needed a used car at a non inflated price. Sold her my outlander phev below market value.

If the lease car market wasn’t a mess. I likely would not have ended up in a Tesla.
Since I’m paying msrp I Decided on trying a model 3 performance. Great bang for the buck daily driver. Glad I went for the full electric experience.

Still have ICE for trips and pleasure driving. But eager to convert when options open up

I will pick up my M3 LR in a few weeks and sell my 2016 BMW 535i X. Had not planned to make the switch so soon, but with the price of used cars and gasoline, the timing is right. The M3 will join the MY we bought back in June. I really enjoyed the BMW, but neither my wife nor I want to drive it anymore since we have the Y.

A 2021 BMW M2 Competition in M/T. Best decision ever. I've saved $140 in gas within the first week of onwership (only $30ish in electricity) and better performance to boot. Best decision ever.
Ironic I was cross-shopping the two. Coming from an STI I wanted performance over "being green" I was totally skeptic the M3p could match it for fun factor... until I test drove one. Holy hell I was wrong. Scheduled to pick up my M3P in a week.

Coming from a well modified 2010 STi. I was totally blown away by the driving characteristics. I could not believe any EV could handle like a sports car. I will miss the boxer rumble and stick shift. Picking up my M3P in a week.

Reactions: .Slug
Coming from a well modified 2010 STi. I was totally blown away by the driving characteristics. I could not believe any EV could handle like a sports car. I will miss the boxer rumble and stick shift. Picking up my M3P in a week.

It's actually been pretty entertaining watching modified WRX/STis wanna challenge me at stoplights. LOL - not today, not ever, much to their chagrin.

(edit - Yes, I'm aware that there are probably plenty of crazy-modified WRX/STis that are as quick or quicker given perfect conditions, but that doesn't matter anywhere other than a prepped drag strip....)

Reactions: BayAreaCelt