Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you sell/trade for your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any regrets from anybody who posted on here???

I was thinking of selling my 718 Cayman 6 speed manual for a new M3P???
tempImage4obHV1.jpg

but I think I'm just gonna sell my F32 428i and find a nice used example M3 AWD might be the best choice...

IMG_4875 2.jpg

Ursa, my 1986 Land Cruiser. She was the best, but had some fender rust and needed a thorough going through. Any longer, and she would have been too far gone.

New owner is doing a top notch restoration, really happy she's going to a good home.

(OK, I got a Y, not a 3, sue me. Dogs, hay bales, need room for stuff).

Also, a 2014 Outback, but nothing special.

Attachments

• 5CD6D1FE-8FB8-4EF8-9608-62A2F9D15BCA.jpeg
    5CD6D1FE-8FB8-4EF8-9608-62A2F9D15BCA.jpeg
    871.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 97B4056B-0465-4001-BE52-05AB625CD082.jpeg
    97B4056B-0465-4001-BE52-05AB625CD082.jpeg
    767.1 KB · Views: 49
  • CE320609-D2FB-4483-B38C-803782472B0F.jpeg
    CE320609-D2FB-4483-B38C-803782472B0F.jpeg
    884.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Ursa, my 1986 Land Cruiser. She was the best, but had some fender rust and needed a thorough going through. Any longer, and she would have been too far gone.

New owner is doing a top notch restoration, really happy she's going to a good home.

(OK, I got a Y, not a 3, sue me. Dogs, hay bales, stuff need room for stuff).

Also, a 2014 Outback, but nothing special.
Ursa Major, after some work. New owner is happy.

Attachments

• 1924BA2F-1F1C-4219-8B50-8031F7E76B5E.jpeg
    1924BA2F-1F1C-4219-8B50-8031F7E76B5E.jpeg
    532.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 5160E480-760A-463C-91AD-09F323FD7D9E.jpeg
    5160E480-760A-463C-91AD-09F323FD7D9E.jpeg
    599.8 KB · Views: 41
any regrets from anybody who posted on here???

I was thinking of selling my 718 Cayman 6 speed manual for a new M3P???
View attachment 899097

but I think I'm just gonna sell my F32 428i and find a nice used example M3 AWD might be the best choice...

View attachment 899099
Well, I think it makes no sense to sell the Cayman anymore because prices have gone down, so you probably won't be getting anything over what you paid anymore, which would be the only way I would sell it to switch to an M3P.

Personally, I like your second idea better. I think having the Model 3 as your daily and the Cayman for the weekends if a very good choice. You will not get the thrill of driving a Cayman with the M3P.

As for the regret part... I do miss my M2C from time to time, but having modded the M3P the way I did (coil-overs, wheels, aero) has made it quite fun to drive, I do not think this would be the case if I kept it stock. However, in the future I plan on getting an ICE car as a weekend car.

Well mine Is convoluted and luck had to play with it to…TLDR a 2008 CRV & 2008 Civic…

My parents started traveling at the start of covid (Planed for ~5-6 years) in the RV so i had their “spare” car (2015 Nissan Rogue I had to pay insurance on it while i had it and maintain it) I Personally had a 2008 Honda Civic LX…

When covid started i gave my parents an ultimatum due to a cut in pay i got that either they pay their insurance or i will sell my car, and use their car primarily to cut expenses, Sold my Civic to a friends Friend for their Young daughters First car, as at that time the cyber truck was coming out in 12-18 months and there was no way Elon was going to miss that right…..right…

This last June of 2022 i saw it wasn’t near ready and may parents where retuning in Late September Early Oct and needed their car back so i placed an order for a 3 SR+ in Blue.

Then in august my brother found out he’s going to England and will be there a year and he wanted to get rid of his 2008 CRV. Come September US GOV announced the tax credits returning and 2 days later i got a VIn and was told it was entering in Prod, so worked it out with my bro i made a PAINFUL decision to canceled the order as i didnt want to toss out $7500 or Best case $3750. Got my Brothers CRV saw him off Took it back here got it titled etc to me. Drove it for ~2 Months Fixed it up (had Power Steering issues, Paint issues, trim damage Thanks Louisiana sun…got all but the few dents fixed up (Fixed the easy paint issues)

Then Dec 2 they announced the first cut in price and i jumped on DEC 2nd got the 3SR+ MSM 18” Delivered on the 7th Tesla offered basically Scrap value for the CRV Carmax offered 5x that so i sold to car max and got my car.

Hoping one day to Sell my M3 so i can get the Cyber Truck Dual Motor…

I still love my car and they way i look at it i saved $1000 by going Silver but either way im still up ~2000 yes my car dropped 3000 but it really only dropped 2000 due to color cost and my tax laibility NORMALLY isn’t high enough to get the full 7500. Though i do kinda wish i waited till later in December but you never know what could have happened.

Reactions: OxBrew
Before my M3P, I had a M2 and a ND Miata. I enjoy my M3P, but I really miss driving the Miata (even moreso than the M2.) Most of my yearly miles come from just cruising around on scenic backroads (I find it relaxing as I mostly work from home.) With the exception of sitting in traffic, the Miata felt so engaging and I really miss the top-down driving (in all seasons and weather.) Maybe I'm just getting old. 😂

I've been debating on where to go for my next EV. The Tesla Supercharging network was a large factor in choosing the Tesla, but in my year and half of ownership, I've only used a supercharger two times. I would looooooove a smaller 2-door [convertible, but would settle for a sunroof] coupe that doesnt cost an arm-and-leg. My M3P is the largest vehicle (footprint-wise) I have ever owned. It's way more space than I need.

Reactions: chalper
Before my M3P, I had a M2 and a ND Miata. I enjoy my M3P, but I really miss driving the Miata (even moreso than the M2.) Most of my yearly miles come from just cruising around on scenic backroads (I find it relaxing as I mostly work from home.) With the exception of sitting in traffic, the Miata felt so engaging and I really miss the top-down driving (in all seasons and weather.) Maybe I'm just getting old. 😂

I've been debating on where to go for my next EV. The Tesla Supercharging network was a large factor in choosing the Tesla, but in my year and half of ownership, I've only used a supercharger two times. I would looooooove a smaller 2-door [convertible, but would settle for a sunroof] coupe that doesnt cost an arm-and-leg. My M3P is the largest vehicle (footprint-wise) I have ever owned. It's way more space than I need.
EV Miata - Tesla power train?

Roadster?

IDK, that's a tough one. I was hoping the glass roof would give us an open feeling in the car, but as the driver you never see it. Always love a sunroof or convertible, was table stakes before the Y.

I'm hunting down an old BMW 2002 with a sunroof for my weekend car. Used to have 1 (and 2 spares for parts), out of my 30+ cars, that's the one I miss the most.

EV Miata - Tesla power train?

Roadster?

IDK, that's a tough one. I was hoping the glass roof would give us an open feeling in the car, but as the driver you never see it. Always love a sunroof or convertible, was table stakes before the Y.
Hopefully by the time it comes out, a cheaper version exists. I think the Polestar 6 concept is gorgeous (but also likely way out of my price range. Lol)

Reactions: OxBrew
X3M Competition. It was my first SUV and while I really liked it (the S58 is a jewel of an engine), I'm a car guy at heart and with the used car market all crazy I was able to sell it for not a lot less than I paid new 2.5 years earlier. I think I miss my M2 more as that car ticked all the right boxes for me.

Reactions: santua