Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what differences are there between founders X vs regular X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Founders and Signatures have different VIN's (an "F" or an "S" in place of a "0" in a certain spot) and they have "Founder" or " Signature" on the little side markers just in front of the front doors. That's it. Oh, and they paid slightly less. They also got the first vehicles off the line with all the build quality issues that entails. Some were better than others on that front though.

Also, they are all P90D's or P90D's with the Ludicrous upgrade. Ludicrous was one of the few options they got along with color, interior, trim, and tow package.

I'm sure I missed something though as I'm going from memory and, well, I'm getting old and that's, as they say, the first thing to go. :p;)

I'm sure to be corrected.

There are also plenty of threads on this already if you care to do a search. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Softwizard
Founders and Signatures have different VIN's (an "F" or an "S" in place of a "0" in a certain spot) and they have "Founder" or " Signature" on the little side markers just in front of the front doors. That's it. Oh, and they paid slightly less. They also got the first vehicles off the line with all the build quality issues that entails. Some were better than others on that front though.

Also, they are all P90D's or P90D's with the Ludicrous upgrade. Ludicrous was one of the few options they got along with color, interior, trim, and tow package.

I'm sure I missed something though as I'm going from memory and, well, I'm getting old and that's, as they say, the first thing to go. :p;)

I'm sure to be corrected.

There are also plenty of threads on this already if you care to do a search. :rolleyes:

And they have a signature badge on the rear trim...and the software indicates its a signature/founders series...

And they have been designed to fit seamlessly into the hyper loop : )

There was no price difference on selected wheel size. You also had the choice of cream headliner with white seats. As far as I know everyone received sunshades.
True about the wheel sizes. There were only a few light headliners with white seats though before they tied the white seats to the black headliner. I've only seen pictures from one or two of those combos.

As for sunshades, I think there were only a few of those too. They seemed like pretty inexpensive, spring loaded versions.

The price advantage was only if you took all the highest price options. I took 20" wheels and 6 seats so I think when I calculated my Sig price vs the production price it came out to about the same. The only priced options for Signature orders were the WInter Package (
$1,000 ), Towing ($750), and Ludicrous($10,000). Everything else was just a preference item or included (like the fact that all Signatures were P90Ds and had the Autopilot Convenience Features, Smart Air Suspension, 72 Amp Charger, Premium Interior and Lighting included.

I have a SIgnature and didn't get the much beloved sunshade. It has been on due bill since I picked up my Sig X 3+ months ago. I haven't missed it though. ;-)

The price advantage was only if you took all the highest price options. I took 20" wheels and 6 seats so I think when I calculated my Sig price vs the production price it came out to about the same. The only priced options for Signature orders were the WInter Package (
$1,000 ), Towing ($750), and Ludicrous($10,000). Everything else was just a preference item or included (like the fact that all Signatures were P90Ds and had the Autopilot Convenience Features, Smart Air Suspension, 72 Amp Charger, Premium Interior and Lighting included.

I have a SIgnature and didn't get the much beloved sunshade. It has been on due bill since I picked up my Sig X 3+ months ago. I haven't missed it though. ;-)
Thanks for that. I guess I was thinking about the folks that earned the option to buy a Founders for the price of the lowest cost model in that grouping.

Reactions: madodel