Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do use to clean the windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all ~ I’d like some suggestions on window cleaning. It seems that no matter what I use there seems to be a “greasy” film left on the inside of the window. Also, how in the world does one get clear to the front edge of the front window and even more so the rear window where it meets rear part of the package shelf to clean them?

Hi all ~ I’d like some suggestions on window cleaning. It seems that no matter what I use there seems to be a “greasy” film left on the inside of the window. Also, how in the world does one get clear to the front edge of the front window and even more so the rear window where it meets rear part of the package shelf to clean them?

I found this video to be very helpful (see below). It speaks exactly to your question/concern about cleaning the greasy film on the inside of the windshield.

I like the tool that
PNWLeccy recommended too. If you don't have one, it is easier to reach the edges of the window by using the "backhanded method" described in the video, where you face away from the window and reach behind you. This allows your fingers to really get into the edge and crevices

I use 70+% isopropyl alcohol. And, I have a seat setting called "squeak" which brings my seat up and all the way forward, so I can reach all the way down to the front of the car. I originally used it to find a squeak between the glass and dash. I'd push a spudger around to find the squeak, now I use the seat setting to wipe the glass.

• Helpful
Reactions: TTinNJ
I found this video to be very helpful (see below). It speaks exactly to your question/concern about cleaning the greasy film on the inside of the windshield.

I like the tool that
PNWLeccy recommended too. If you don't have one, it is easier to reach the edges of the window by using the "backhanded method" described in the video, where you face away from the window and reach behind you. This allows your fingers to really get into the edge and crevices

This video was very helpful, thanks. Is it ok to clean windows as long as temperature is above freezing? Say 40 degrees or above?

Those edges you're speaking of are easily cleaned with the triangle-shaped pad attached to a pivoting arm/handle. I wrap a window cloth around it so I don't have to wash the microfiber pad it comes with. Had it for decades - forgot where I got it.

Reactions: JDFPHOTO