Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do we do now? 18 months to go.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This makes it sound like you can only get the credit if you buy the car. Emphasis added:
If you buy a battery-powered car and install new EVCSE at your main home to recharge its batteries, you may be able to trim your tax bill through the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit

Is it acceptable to buy the car a year or two after installing the charger?

I spent about an hour of my wait time doing this:

upload_2016-5-21_18-54-48.png

Decorating my Hydro Flask!

Geez, this is like finding out your wife is pregnant, and having to wait twice as long....
-Your going to have to decorate a room.
-Your going to be spending a lot of cash.
-Your going to have to do a lot of research.
-Your excited, but not quite sure what your excited for. But, you've got a good idea.
- Your disappointed because this time, your wife's boobs aren't going to get bigger.
-You'll need to buy products to take care of this baby.
-This time around, no diapers! Yea!
-You hope as time goes on, the pictures look more like what your hoping for.
-You don't know whether or not you should tell people yet, becuase your worried about there reaction.
-Your already picking out music to play to your baby.
-Your excited about the tax benefits.
-You need to name it.
-You'll be worried about the baby for the first few days so, you may need to sleep next to it.
-Damn, 18+ months... :)

My wife just gave birth to our son 3 weeks ago so that definitely will kill the time for the Model 3 :)

Reactions: 2early4flapjacks
My wife just gave birth to our son 3 weeks ago so that definitely will kill the time for the Model 3 :)

Oh Yes - Absolutely, You created your own Model #3. Congratulations!!!

Amazing to me though is the fact that:

It only took God nine months to make your Model 3 which is infinitely more complex than Elons M3.
There was no need for a great reveal #1 or #2 etc.
His Model 3 had no need for a giga factory
His Model 3 provides immediate tax breaks - and for years to come.
His Model 3 will last a lot longer than Teslas - much more durable - self healing.
HIs Model 3 will soon have a tremendous self navigation package.
He didn't need any help at all..

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffK
Oh Yes - Absolutely, You created your own Model #3. Congratulations!!!

Amazing to me though is the fact that:

It only took God nine months to make your Model 3 which is infinitely more complex than Elons M3.
His Model 3 will last a lot longer than Teslas - much more durable - self healing.

The only problem which his new Model 3 is although it comes with autopilot hardware standard, he'll have to wait 16 years for the beta autopilot software, a few years later for fully autonomous.

Seems to be settling down now. I wonder what we are going to do now?

Lots of things!

1. Waiting for the next credible news leaks about production, interior, dash, available options.
2. Saving money for the gotta have options that weren't on your list.
3. Saving more money for the options that will cost you more than you originally planned.
4. Anticipating all those things that will cause your M3 to be delayed, like 'project creep', more budget, supplier difficulties and delays.
5. Excuse number 836 for why something happened or didn't
6. Worker strikes with suppliers and subcontractors
7. The list goes on and on and on .........

Don't worry it'll all work out in the end :)

Does it come with an annual maintenance contract or extended warranty? :D

Go over to the model3ownersclub page...order a t-shirt or two...maybe a hat...

...and start stuffing that savings acount!

The saving is actually really good advice, outside of the fact that saving money is always a good idea I'm very much a goal oriented person, if I'm going to survive the 18-30 month wait for this thing I need an outlet and trying to save 60k in time to buy the car is a pretty good one!

I should add I have also requested a test drive in a Model S to see what its all about.
I am just waiting for Tesla to confirm my place on the test drive day. I think they use a P90D, so it will be very different to the Leaf I have been driving for the last year!
I have done the man maths, and worked out that my annual 20,000 mileage allowance (which equates to £7000), would hopefully get something with the 30% deposit on top. This is based on a 6 year finance deal, so £42000 plus £12,600, so about £55K.

Even so, I still don't think that is enough to even get an S70 :(

so I will have to wait for my M3 to be delivered.

On the plus side, the test drive should be fun!

Reactions: SW2Fiddler