Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do we want to know from the first person to get AP2.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaInventory.com had about 30 vehicles (including many Model S) with AP2 hardware listed as early as October 16th (days before the official AP2 hardware reveal). Most of them were headed to Europe. They still show up in the Inactive Listings but it looks like they aren't showing up in current listings. I'm guessing because Tesla stopped offering suggested matches in the Design Studio back on the 19th.

I'm feeling the fever coming on..... my 2012 Sig85 will have its warranty expire in 2 months, and no extended warranty available for me to purchase (live in WA state). So it seems a trade deal with Tesla for a 90D makes the most sense because:
(a) Tesla can CPO and extend the warranty which I can't do
(b) when I bought it there was no sales tax on EVs in WA but that has gone away so the "dealer trade" at least minimizes my new car sales tax
(c) only question is: can I hold out until the 100D is available!

Oh yeah, back on topic. Since there are almost NO EAP cars listed in new inventory or CPO, why would ANYBODY accept one of those for a measly $1-3k savings and not get the latest AP? not me.....

Reactions: bhzmark
I thought the law was changed and that you can now buy the ESA in Washington. Take a look at this post. It does sound like you have to buy it in person at a Service Center...

Thanks MP3Mike, as Jonny Carson used to say "I did NOT know that". The calculus then compares sales tax credit, no $5k warranty purchase but at Tesla's offer price ... vs. private sale price w/ $5k extended warranty expense and no sales tax recoup.

Any WA buyers have experiences or suggestions?

I'm interested in

1.) The dirt accumulation on the external camera lenses, and if the lenses have a coating on them to allow water to slip right off.

2.) If the car allows you to have a live view of a selected camera. Would be useful even without AP activated. A 360 view would be nice as well.

3.) Benchmark the Center console computer to see if it's been upgraded

4.) Weather resistance of the backup camera. Has it been improved?

Reactions: MP3Mike
We were one of the holdouts for Model X70D with coil suspension, ordered and confirmed in February of this year. How serendipitous this 8 month delay turned out. Let me count the ways: free upgrade to 75D ($5500 value); 1/2 price on SAS upgrade 2 weeks ago ($1250 value); autopilot convenience feature -> enhanced autopilot ($2500)! Woohoo!
This is what I was thinking of. It doesn't say anything about them pushing out the delivery date on purpose. There is probably another explanation.