Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you call...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PhilBa

Apr 20, 2013
Seattle
We call it ICEing when an ICE parks in a charger slot, blocking access. What do you call it when an EV parks there but isn't charging? I saw a Leaf doing just that yesterday. And worse, it was a handicapped parking slot and they didn't have the handicapped tag displayed.

We call it ICEing when an ICE parks in a charger slot, blocking access. What do you call it when an EV parks there but isn't charging? I saw a Leaf doing just that yesterday. And worse, it was a handicapped parking slot and they didn't have the handicapped tag displayed.
In my area I've noticed several charge spots where the EV parking spot is also a handicap spot. Seems unlikely that only a handicapped person driving an EV can park there. I've always assumed it was either/or. Either a handicap parking spot or an EV can charge there as well.

In my area I've noticed several charge spots where the EV parking spot is also a handicap spot. Seems unlikely that only a handicapped person driving an EV can park there. I've always assumed it was either/or. Either a handicap parking spot or an EV can charge there as well.

I'm pretty sure it's a handicapped only EV spot (ie must be EV and handicapped). The Blink charger "tower" is actually lower so people in wheel chairs can read the display. It seems to me to be a rather narrow reading of the ADA. I think Blink would have just put in all ADA compliant chargers and forget the handicapped exclusive parking. The whole point of handicapped parking is to allow easy access to what ever the parking lot is serving. I think the concept of exclusive is an incorrect reading of the law. In the case of a charge station, there is no issue about parking access but rather charger use.