Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for a living?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to try a break things up a bit and take the wait stress down to level one.
The X is an expensive SUV just wanted to know what everyone does during the week.
I'll start:: I own a key shop in the Memphis area. We make car keys for the dealerships.
Also an anesthesiologist here, and I see I’m not the only one! In Chicago. Ordered MSM LR white interior, 5 seater in March. Won’t switch if given the chance since I have no use for any additional seats.

Reactions: Empty tank
Upvote 0
The X is an expensive SUV just wanted to know what everyone does during the week.
I'll start:: I own a key shop in the Memphis area. We make car keys for the dealerships.
Ophthalmologist and wife is an optometrist. Lots of eyeballs.

Just checked my account, ordered mid July 6 Seat LR w/ 22s, originally said JAN and disappeared for a couple months, just back today with JAN again. Seems to fit in line with some of the other 6 seat orders getting placed at end of year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Data scientist here, both me and the missus. I wanted the X since I saw the initial reveal, with all the people pouring out of the car, and then proceeding to unload a full vacations worth of luggage from the back. In February managed to make my case, am now hoping I'll get it before February next year (Netherlands).

Upvote 0
Data scientist here, both me and the missus. I wanted the X since I saw the initial reveal, with all the people pouring out of the car, and then proceeding to unload a full vacations worth of luggage from the back. In February managed to make my case, am now hoping I'll get it before February next year (Netherlands).
Nice to see fellow data geeks represented here.

Upvote 0
My wife and I own a consulting firm. I'm an author and a speaker (like keynote speaker, not Bose speaker) and help people understand the brain science of communication. It's fun and crazy interesting!

Our first car as husband and wife was a 2007 Prius. Drive it past 300k miles.iwomdee how far our MX will take us!

Reactions: DIL and Empty tank
Upvote 0
Usually you should only turn into the turn and not overcorrect and fishtail. The best thing is do nothing and slow through Regen, or slam and use ABS, and then gain control. Steering often makes everything worse if you are sliding.

8 years of EV driving in Chicago winters have proven how superior EVs, in particular dual motor Tesla drivetrain. So fast to gain control. I've driven through many blizzards in my S including a crazy one in upstate and southern tier NY. With the right tires you'll feel bulletproof.
Aerospace engineer. Not at SpaceX!

Upvote 0
National Cancer Institute researcher and my wife working at Food and Drug Administration as a reviewer and we are waiting X for just 4 months, EDD is January now. It’s our first Tesla.

Upvote 0
The original point was a $30K tax deduction on a $100K purchase. The limit is $25,900 for a purchase of any amount, including $100K. Therefore the $30K tax savings won't be realized. Maybe $10K deduction? The law was changed in 2020. From IRS Pub 946.

Sport Utility and Certain Other Vehicles You cannot elect to expense more than $25,900 of the cost of any heavy sport utility vehicle (SUV) and certain other vehicles placed in service in tax years beginning in 2020. This rule applies to any 4-wheeled vehicle primarily designed or used to carry passengers over public streets, roads, or highways that is rated at more than 6,000 pounds gross vehicle weight and not more than 14,000...... (more in the Pub)
GolferGuy...sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've seen others on various forum pages think can write the entire thing off in one fell swoop. We'll enjoy our awesome ride. We'll still have a clean EV and cheaper to drive than gas. Like I said, work with your tax guy.

Upvote 0
GolferGuy...sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've seen others on various forum pages think can write the entire thing off in one fell swoop. We'll enjoy our awesome ride. We'll still have a clean EV and cheaper to drive than gas. Like I said, work with your tax guy.
Or tax lady. Or tax person.

Upvote 0