Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for a living?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to try a break things up a bit and take the wait stress down to level one.
The X is an expensive SUV just wanted to know what everyone does during the week.
I'll start:: I own a key shop in the Memphis area. We make car keys for the dealerships.
Optometrist / early bitcoin buyer w optometrist wife
Really want them to accept bitcoin again

Upvote 0
Eyeballs 4 lyfe.

Wow what's with all the eye docs? My wife is an optometrist. I'm a software engineer.

The X (6 seat LR, MSM/white, 20", ordered in July) will be my second Tesla, a replacement for my Model S that I've driven since 2015.

Thing I just noticed: Tesla just released version 4.2.0 of the mobile app, for iOS anyway. On the card for my reservation it now shows the EDD...I don't remember seeing that before. (It says "January"...but I treat that with some skepticism.)

Bruce.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Upvote 0
Housedad (or was it house-husband?) with some side gigs involving real estate. Anyhow, wife is in supply chain for a shoe company.
X - Blue/Black 7 searter LR w/22" will be for my wife, who was intent on getting the new Tahoe until she saw a beautiful blue X on the street. Will be our 2nd Tesla; Mine's a '20 M3LR, which will be replaced by a '22 MSP, with hopes of adding the Cybertruck to our fleet sometime in 2023.

Reactions: Empty tank
Upvote 0
Housedad (or was it house-husband?) with some side gigs involving real estate. Anyhow, wife is in supply chain for a shoe company.
X - Blue/Black 7 searter LR w/22" will be for my wife, who was intent on getting the new Tahoe until she saw a beautiful blue X on the street. Will be our 2nd Tesla; Mine's a '20 M3LR, which will be replaced by a '22 MSP, with hopes of adding the Cybertruck to our fleet sometime in 2023.

Damn! Supply chain business must be booming lol.

Upvote 0
I trust that this thread was created from the Refreshed X waiting room one.

Not created, no, but its likely that one from the X section was merged into this existing thread.

I have seen a thread like this one on pretty much every car site I have been to. They usually turn into... well lets let that hang out there.

There is no surprise that "people who can afford expensive cars tend to have good jobs".

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and EV3_
Upvote 0
Wow what's with all the eye docs? My wife is an optometrist. I'm a software engineer.

The X (6 seat LR, MSM/white, 20", ordered in July) will be my second Tesla, a replacement for my Model S that I've driven since 2015.

Thing I just noticed: Tesla just released version 4.2.0 of the mobile app, for iOS anyway. On the card for my reservation it now shows the EDD...I don't remember seeing that before. (It says "January"...but I treat that with some skepticism.)

Bruce.
It is a statistical fact that eye doctors tend to love cutting edge tech

Upvote 0

Bruce.

Attachments

• 4900ECDA-4933-43AF-B382-AC76FA961EB4.jpeg
    4900ECDA-4933-43AF-B382-AC76FA961EB4.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: CapsEngineer
Upvote 0
GolferGuy...sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've seen others on various forum pages think can write the entire thing off in one fell swoop. We'll enjoy our awesome ride. We'll still have a clean EV and cheaper to drive than gas. Like I said, work with your tax guy.
My tax guy works for the IRS so, just trying to help people avoid audits which occur 2 years later, and have penalties and interest. Fighting them is a PIA, and more cost. I know some Tesla owners that even with proper forms and VINs got caught in proving $7500 tax credits 2 years ago.

And I agree with you, I love my current Tesla and not paying more than $3/gallon and saving a fortune on maintenance and helping the environment.

Good luck to all.

Reactions: JimBob 909
Upvote 0
All of the eye doctors I know personally, or their spouses, own Teslas. So does my personal eye doctor's wife (he won't let his Jag go). Maybe there's something there?
Maybe it was all of the hullabaloo that erupted in the office back in 2009 when I first drove my Roadster to a checkup.
Yeah very high percentage. A solid 30% of the ophthalmologists in my city drive a Tesla. Just at my practice 3 out us 4 ophthalmologists drive Tesla. We are installing a wall charger at two of our clinics. Our close friends who are an optometry optometry couple also drive Tesla.

Hard to say why and I think everyone has various reasons but I think in general our specialty draws a certain group of people who tend to like new tech and being on the cutting edge. Whether it’s getting a brand new laser for LASIK or SMILE procedures, for a new machine to better scan the back of the eye, since we rely heavily on technology I think naturally Tesla has been and still is very attractive.

For me personally, since we deal with preserving and improving vision on a daily basis, I really appreciate being able to directly observe the progression of FSD (as delayed as it has been) and appreciate the impact it will have on low vision, elderly or blind drivers in the future. Maybe not necessarily Teslas FSD but in general this will greatly improve the qualify of life and freedom and independence for so many people.

Upvote 0