Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for a living?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Retired out of the United States Navy in 2003 as a Chief. That's a very small part of the income. Currently back in the Petrol Chemical business after being laid off this last year. Procurement for an I&E firm in Houston. Oh the irony being in this line of work owning a Model X and Model Y with no gas vehicles in the driveway. Keeping a small business going renting our Y.

Upvote 0
I'm curious to know what people do for a living, we are all buying $100k+ cars and I think it would be fun to get an Idea what career paths people chose to get here. I've seen a lot of people talking about being doctors and lawyers!

I'm a composer and film maker, my wife works in tech. What do you do?

Upvote 0
Want to try a break things up a bit and take the wait stress down to level one.
The X is an expensive SUV just wanted to know what everyone does during the week.
I'll start:: I own a key shop in the Memphis area. We make car keys for the dealerships.
Data Scientist, my spouse is an UX Designer. it's my first Tesla, I'm drawn to the technology and cleaner energy use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Empty tank
Upvote 0
The X is an expensive SUV just wanted to know what everyone does during the week.
I'll start:: I own a key shop in the Memphis area. We make car keys for the dealerships.
I used to work for Motorola, but now am a stay at home dad to 4 kids. My wife is a VP of Marketing at a medical supply company.

Upvote 0
Anesthesiologist with a stay at home wife and 3 youngish daughters. I have never been a car guy, been wanting the X since 2016, this is my first Tesla.

Upvote 0
No traditional job for me. I'm homeless under a bridge here in Austin. I make money with a sign that reads: "Can you spare a dollar so I can buy a obscenely expensive Tesla Model X?"

Upvote 0