Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do if you record an accident on the dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few years ago I witnessed an accident where a woman ran a red light and then tried to blame it on the other person. I pulled over and got the contact info of the woman being hit and the Seattle PD email address. When I got home, I sent them my video. Well, apparently the video was not enough and I even got summoned to court. The lady who ran the light pushed all the way and tried to get it ruled in her favor and likely would have won without me. The person who was hit was so thankful... honestly if it were not for that I would have been mad about the waste of time. But to me it was worth the time spent to help.

The PC thing to do is offer the footage to your police department. If the situation were reversed, wouldn’t you want that footage to help you out? I always to try to put myself in both sets of shoes. Sometimes being a good person and helping out comes back to bite you in the ass... But, there is always a a low road and a high road. I choose the high road. Good things tend to happen more often with this approach. 👌

Reactions: RNHurt