Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you enjoy most about driving your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smoothness. The response to the pedal. The seamless push forwards when you press the accelerator and the seamless retardation as you ease gently off again. How did we ever put up with the constant interruptions to flow caused by gears and brakes? The motor(s) feel like they are ideally suited to propelling a car whereas a conventional engine now seems to be entirely unsuited to its purpose ... the revs of an engine have to be endlessly managed to make sure the car can be driven in anything like a smooth manner. Driving an ICE car now feels quite agricultural.

Sitting in traffic I notice the fumes from other vehicles. I can often see the plumes, as well as smell them if it's a diesel. I imagine how transformed our urban areas would be if everyone was driving electric. It was only when we banned smoking in indoor public places that we started to realise how pervasive and awful the pollution was. Very quickly we not only accepted the change but wholeheartedly supported it, and felt annoyed if someone broke the new rules of behaviour. Once the change to electric really takes hold we will surely wonder why we didn't do it sooner!

Smoothness. The response to the pedal. The seamless push forwards when you press the accelerator and the seamless retardation as you ease gently off again. How did we ever put up with the constant interruptions to flow caused by gears and brakes? The motor(s) feel like they are ideally suited to propelling a car whereas a conventional engine now seems to be entirely unsuited to its purpose ... the revs of an engine have to be endlessly managed to make sure the car can be driven in anything like a smooth manner. Driving an ICE car now feels quite agricultural.

Sitting in traffic I notice the fumes from other vehicles. I can often see the plumes, as well as smell them if it's a diesel. I imagine how transformed our urban areas would be if everyone was driving electric. It was only when we banned smoking in indoor public places that we started to realise how pervasive and awful the pollution was. Very quickly we not only accepted the change but wholeheartedly supported it, and felt annoyed if someone broke the new rules of behaviour. Once the change to electric really takes hold we will surely wonder why we didn't do it sooner!

I was going to say exactly all of this.

I still drive ICE vehicles but they all now seem like they are from a bygone era.

Smoothness. The response to the pedal. The seamless push forwards when you press the accelerator and the seamless retardation as you ease gently off again. How did we ever put up with the constant interruptions to flow caused by gears and brakes?

I was collared by one of the company petrol heads who are all coming round mainly due to Youtube and Top Gear. He told me of a recent Top Gear episode with a Porsche EV I think and one of its features was that it "simulates" gear changes!
My comment was how stupid to copy such a limitation. They will need a trip to a fuel station next to stand in the cold and donate £80 to get that "warm fuzzy feeling" I certainly don't get.:D:p