Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you enjoy most about driving your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call it survivor's guilt but I thought it would be more fun than it is. It's just no fun when there's no one to share it with.

You're right, it's part of mourning and survivor's guilt. It will get better, and remember, not all happy Tesla owners had parents or siblings to begin with. But it will take time and processing (maybe also help) for you to get there. May the force be with you.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
The need to find justifiable excuses to go to the supermarket is an art-form. They won't let you just buy a single toilet roll but you can buy the gin in half bottles so you have to go back every 2 days for more....

Fortunately the nearest real supermarket is 13miles away. Sadly it's all single carriageway so no sane chance of using autopilot. Instead since the road is quite twisty and hilly I get to play with the smoothest journey challenge while trying to keep as close to the speed limit as possible and judge the lift-off to the next tight bend for the last moment possible so i don't have to use the brakes. As a game it gets better with time of day and how cold the car is when ya sets off to make allowances for less regen.
the trip back includes a gentle downslope 60mph going into a 110Deg sharpish L corner and steepening downhill section followed 200yds by a sharp R 90deg steep downhill turn, a long downhill run and another L 90deg tight turn 1/4 mile away at the bottom.
Ah, the joy when ya gets it right

I'd have to agree with all the other comments about instant acceleration, smoothness, head-turning ability. But I'd add the ability to do a short journey as cheaply and efficently as a long journey. My old ICE car returned very poor milage when I just drove it down to the shops. Somthing the Tesla doesn't suffer from.

Reactions: Jez_GB
My old ICE car returned very poor milage when I just drove it down to the shops. Somthing the Tesla doesn't suffer from.

I guess you have not owned the car long enough to know otherwise? Cold weather 'departure tax' energy is significant on the Model 3 - reduced regen, cold battery, heater significantly bites in the cold and even worse for short trips when journey distance can't recoup the semi fixed departure losses. Its not unusual that in cold weather, efficiency is down 20% - 50% although less if you choose to precondition the car and use shore power instead of losing it from the battery.

Reactions: John_L and Adopado
Its not unusual that in cold weather, efficiency is down 20% - 50% although less if you choose to precondition the car

I wasn't going to burst any bubbles!

And with limited / no regen in cold, all your brake heat is wasted too. Even preconditioning the battery from shore power uses energy that may or may not have any benefit / gain, depending on your drive.

But yes, ICE are at their worst in cold weather too.

Reactions: Jez_GB and Adopado
For me it’s knowing I can out accelerate almost anything away from the lights and make tailgaters disappear at will.
The ability to view YouTube and netflix when charging.
The preheating of cabin in Winter
Free public charging in Scotland means no fuel costs so far.never having to visit a petrol station.
Superchargers are the best especially when the local rapid chargers are full of taxi drivers.
And in my opinion my M3P is better than my model S 75D in almost every way.almost.

Reactions: Jez_GB
For me it’s knowing I can out accelerate almost anything away from the lights and make tailgaters disappear at will.
The ability to view YouTube and netflix when charging.
The preheating of cabin in Winter
Free public charging in Scotland means no fuel costs so far.never having to visit a petrol station.
Superchargers are the best especially when the local rapid chargers are full of taxi drivers.
And in my opinion my M3P is better than my model S 75D in almost every way.almost.
I had started buying the Sunday papers at the petrol station - Just to troll