Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you enjoy most about driving your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car is more enjoyable then we ever expected it would be.
Quick acceleration with a smooth ride, quite, easy to operate and comfortable to ride in.
Features like self closing doors and garage door opening at arrivals and closing are just over the top.
We still have a front shudder at hard acceleration and hope to have this fixed when Tesla comes up with a solution

Driving an ICE car now feels quite agricultural.

I know what you mean. I sold my Mazda CX-5 with only 40K miles for my Stealth P3D but I was driving my wife's LR RWD Model 3 concurrently with my Mazda. Before our first Tesla, I thought my CX-5 drove seamlessly with barely perceptible shifting from its modern 6 speed AT, accelerated reasonably briskly (at least if I wrapped the rpms nearly to redline) and had excellent brakes and steering response. After driving the Model 3 I realized just how bad it was. "Agricultural" is a good description, I just said it "drove like a bucket of bolts". Every time I would get behind the wheel, I was shocked how crudely it drove.

Sitting in traffic I notice the fumes from other vehicles. I can often see the plumes, as well as smell them if it's a diesel. I imagine how transformed our urban areas would be if everyone was driving electric. It was only when we banned smoking in indoor public places that we started to realise how pervasive and awful the pollution was. Very quickly we not only accepted the change but wholeheartedly supported it, and felt annoyed if someone broke the new rules of behaviour. Once the change to electric really takes hold we will surely wonder why we didn't do it sooner!

Well put. Today I actually pulled over to the curb and let about 8 cars pass me in order to escape my position directly behind a classic 1960's car that had excessive unburnt hydrocarbons coming out the tailpipe. It was so bad it filled the entire cabin of my Model 3 to the point I was getting mildly high. And not in a good way. I know from experience this ends with slight nausea, tiredness and maybe even a headache. The only reason society accepts this at all is because there was no other practical way besides internal combustion. That is no longer true but it is not yet widely understood. The public health impact, when measured cumulatively and across the population, is gross and unacceptable.

Hardly using the brakes, because this means I won't have to pay for new pads / discs and I won't have to pay for the alloys to be refurbished when the brake dust eats them. Mind that pothole :eek:

Agree on all of the above. I'm pothole paranoid atm though - the roads in Essex are really awful after all the rain. 20" wheels are a liability on roads like these. They look wonderful though :)

Collect mine tomorrow so intrigued to know reasons beyond being very very fast?
Strangely, I enjoy driving this car so much, I have SLOWED DOWN on my average trips. I guess I want to prolong the experience. I'm using less than 190 watt hours per mile by doing so. I have perfected the art of pulling over and letting people roar by in their primitive fire burning oil drippers.

• Love
Reactions: dfwatt
I am pretty impressed with autopilot. Just in my first 24hrs I am amazed by the adaptive cruise control and auto steer. I thought these would only work on the motorway but they work on almost any road. I have only ever had basic cruise control (I have never had a new car before) so maybe some of this is common on other cars. Sitting in a queue of traffic the start stop and keeping in lane on its own is just brilliant.

The overwhelmingly positive response when we tell people that we have purchased a Tesla.

The other day I met an old acquaintance in the grocery store. We were catching up on what we had been doing and it turned out that we were both retired. He asked me what I was doing in my retirement and I couldn't resist saying that I was enjoying driving our new Tesla M3. He almost jumped out of his skin with excitement telling me that he had invested in Tesla stock and was waiting for it to be worth enough to pay for an M3. I asked if he had ridden in one yet and he said with a rather downcast expression that he hadn't. When I offered to give him a ride (one of my favorite pastimes) it was as if I had offered him a winning lottery ticket his expression of joy was so great. Off we went for my usual demonstration of 4.4 second 0-60 and AP on the four lane that skirts our small southeast Iowa town. This is one of the best parts of owning a Tesla. In some ways it is as if by buying and driving these cars we are giving people hope.

The amount of people that stare as if I’m riding through town on a unicorn!

LOL... Too true mate.

My wife and I spent the past week at Revelstoke Mtn Resort in BC (Canada). We would pop the Falcon Wing Doors to sit in the back seat to put on our ski boots in resort parking lot, and pretend not to notice as kids and adults got wide Eyed all around us.

Perhaps the best part was going up the steep grade into the Coquahalla Pass on Canada's only legal 120kph speed limit highway (75 mph) from Hope to Merritt and passing all Jock Strap Joes in their Coal Burners like they were sitting still.

Hope you enjoy your Tesla! ...and Welcome to the future.

Kindest regards!
Hugh-SG

Isn't that just one of the best features? I love it too. You have to stay awake if you are in line for a road junction though. Make sure you don't just take off following right behind the car in front.

Correct mate. EAP / AP is like an 8 year old in Elementary school Year 3. It knows what to do most of the time, but needs Constant Adult (meaning driver-operator) supervision.

Thus occasionally it gets distracted ................ SQUIRREL !!!.. and takes an unexpected corrective action when none is needed. An example of his is "phantom braking" which can happen when lighting conditions do a drastic change like pavement changing colour or driving under an overpass on a bright sunny day.

Food for thought!

Cheers! Hugh-SG

• Love
Reactions: GazzaM3
Correct mate. EAP / AP is like an 8 year old in Elementary school Year 3. It knows what to do most of the time, but needs Constant Adult (meaning driver-operator) supervision.

Thus occasionally it gets distracted ................ SQUIRREL !!!.. and takes an unexpected corrective action when none is needed. An example of his is "phantom braking" which can happen when lighting conditions do a drastic change like pavement changing colour or driving under an overpass on a bright sunny day.

Food for thought!

Cheers! Hugh-SG

EAP now FSD has been one of the highlights of ownership:

Roundabouts and FSD

Reactions: Hugh-SG