Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you guys think of Mobileye’s tech?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a longer unedited video of the full stack (camera, radar, lidar):

Personally, I love Mobileye's entire approach. I think it is brilliant. I think they are in the top 3 companies that will likely solve FSD in the years to come. They have excellent computer chips that are very capable of handling the computing for FSD. They have excellent camera vision and have demonstrated vision-only FSD. I love the "true redundancy" approach of having both vision-only sub-system and radar/lidar sub-system for added redundancy to add more safety so that you are not relying on just one system to do the entire FSD. I also love that they are crowdsourcing maps. This has allowed Mobileye to scale "HD" maps for roads all over the world to add that map layer for better FSD. Lastly, I love their RSS driving policy that basically bakes in defensive driving skills into the FSD to help ensure the car will behave in a safe way around other road users or pedestrians. All in all, it is a very robust approach. They are already putting their vision-only FSD as L2 on cars and are testing L4 in several cities around the world. It looks very promising that they will be able to scale L4 in the years to come.