Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you hate about your M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was the black screen issue after the software update? My car updated last night and I had a black screen this morning when I first went into the car. I rebooted the screen by pushing both buttons on the steering wheel for a few seconds and that seemed to fix it.

This was when I was on 2018.18.13, which is what the car was on when delivered. Last night it updated to 2018.21.9 and so far so good, though my back up camera didn’t work one time this morning.

I hate the fact that I'm sitting here at work and not out driving my Model 3.

Will be bringing it downtown tomorrow to show co-workers who will be having an employee BBQ lunch on the sidewalk outside our office. Side note, but has anyone done up a printable info sheet/card for Model 3 FAQ? Fingers crossed that I don't lose LTE and have the black screen issue that happened last night, which - paired with the soggy trunk situation - is all I have for issues so far.
I'm bringing her in to DT as well today for work. If I see a red model 3 I'll honk! You'll know that was me.

Reactions: Kira
I don't "hate" anything on the car so far - a few things though:

EAP - I find Auto-Steer tends to lean towards the right side of the lane, even though the car believes its centered. Been a few times while driving in the HOV lane and the other car is leaning a little to the left (left lane) and the TM3 on Auto-Steer a little to the right where I immediately disengaged and pulled the car over more. Hope this will be update din future software updates.

I agree with the Piano Black Finish. I ordered the Xpel Stealth film from RPM Tesla (still waiting on delivery) to address the issues.

Coming from the world of Android Auto (voice recognition is so fluid), Tesla' while not awful still requires some fine tuning.

Slacker Radio - likely a learning curve for me, but its painful at times to get the song you want for instance. Using Spotify and Bluetooth streaming to compensate for that. Otherwise the sound system is great in this car.

Any chance a thread just for Model 3 could be implemented mods? So any Model 3 inquiries could all be asked in that thread so as to not hijack the regular threads? This could be a great reference for Model 3 enthusiasts and owners.

• Hate that intermittent LTE connection - means the Tesla Mobile App cannot connect to the car. I have lost LTE since 4 days ago without any apparent reason. Working fine in the same place before, but not seen it work since the 21.9 update, despite reset, although everything else seems OK.
  • Hate the thought of a visit to the service centre. When calling the Oakville SC, nobody answers - the call gets routed to Fremont. Huh? My steering wheel is off-centre by one-half inch, needing SC visit.
  • Hate that I have to drag the key card everywhere because that temperamental Bluetooth phone key system is sooo not practical.

P
I wish it would just show both. Or at least there was a quick toggle by clicking on the distance/%. Same with in the app. Just makes it easier for those of us that don't charge every night.
Not sure if someone else had this suggestion, but the display choice of % stays with the driver profile. So you could try and make two profiles with similar other settings and just toggle them to see the % quickly.

The only thing I really hate is the lack of any CarPlay support so I can listen to or dictate text messages. This is the new millennium and smart phones were invented more than a decade ago. Even a base Hyundai Accent has smart phone integration. Tesla can pretend Apple and Google don’t exist, but there are distracted driving laws in almost every province, state and country, so they really need to get with the program.

Reactions: yyzunderdog
The only thing I really hate is the lack of any CarPlay support so I can listen to or dictate text messages. This is the new millennium and smart phones were invented more than a decade ago. Even a base Hyundai Accent has smart phone integration. Tesla can pretend Apple and Google don’t exist, but there are distracted driving laws in almost every province, state and country, so they really need to get with the program.

CarPlay? Wait Apple purchases Tesla.