Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you have in the shallow trunk subfloor area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry 7 seat guys, you can't participate :)

For me, I have my mobile connector with the 5-15, 10-30, 14-30, and 14-50 adapters, 50 foot long 240V extension cord with 14-50 ends, adapter from 10-30 to 14-50 for extension cord, Tesla branded air compressor with tire sealant, and jack pucks. I will be adding a tire plug kit before I leave on my vacation Thursday. The biggest pain in the butt was the 50 foot 240V extension cord... had to coil it up in such a manner that there was space in the middle of the coil for the mobile connector bag.

Later,

Keith
Shallow subtrunk small.jpg

Pretty similar as well: the Mobile charger kit with a 25ft he 110 extension , the tasks electrical pump and sealer kit and my front metal license plate. I have the license plate wrap and the DMV letter authorizing its use, but they still require that I have the plate in the car.

I am debating on adding a lithium jumper kit for other cars. Does anyone else carry one for that purpose?

Last edited:
I use it for groceries and liquor store runs. Keeps the stuff from rolling around in the regular trunk. My charge stuff is in the frunk for long trips otherwise it is used for home charging.
I have never carried repair stuff in any car I have owned except for jumper cables (mostly for use on other folks dead batteries). Jumper cables seem pretty useless on these cars. I do have a couple levels of road service available in addition to Tesla.

Reactions: Ormond
I use it for groceries and liquor store runs. Keeps the stuff from rolling around in the regular trunk. My charge stuff is in the frunk for long trips otherwise it is used for home charging.
I have never carried repair stuff in any car I have owned except for jumper cables (mostly for use on other folks dead batteries). Jumper cables seem pretty useless on these cars. I do have a couple levels of road service available in addition to Tesla.
Your groceries fit in the shallow trunk subfloor? I can see the larger one, but I can’t imagine fitting much in the shallow one.

Reactions: X-pilot
Think that’s where the confusion lies here. The Y has two subtrunks, a deep one (deeper than the one I had in my LR AWD 3) and a much shallower one between that one and the second row. That’s the shallow one OP is referring to.

Just to add to the possible confusion: the 5-seater Model Y has two subtrunks as described, whereas the 7-seater Model has only the deep sub-trunk area much like the M3.

Reactions: Saxgod and El joe
Use the Chademo much? Also, where did you find it?
I’ve had two, one I flipped for a $300 profit. Bought that one from Tesla. And I ordered another one a month ago, but found one from a member here and bought it. It arrived last week but hasn’t used it yet. They’re tough to come by and Tesla doesn’t do a good job of emailing you even you request them to alert you when they come back in stock. :/

Do you use those stations much vs Tesla chargers?
I haven't at all, actually. I charge at home so I rarely do any charging outside my house. I'll probably sell the Chademo soon -- bought it cause I thought we were taking a road trip and wanted the extra options but that vacation got postponed. But there are so many superchargers in Nor Cal that I doubt I'd use it outside of long trips. :/

Sorry 7 seat guys, you can't participate :)

For me, I have my mobile connector with the 5-15, 10-30, 14-30, and 14-50 adapters, 50 foot long 240V extension cord with 14-50 ends, adapter from 10-30 to 14-50 for extension cord, Tesla branded air compressor with tire sealant, and jack pucks. I will be adding a tire plug kit before I leave on my vacation Thursday. The biggest pain in the butt was the 50 foot 240V extension cord... had to coil it up in such a manner that there was space in the middle of the coil for the mobile connector bag.

Later,

KeithView attachment 691930
Where do you use the 50 ft extension for?

I haven't at all, actually. I charge at home so I rarely do any charging outside my house. I'll probably sell the Chademo soon -- bought it cause I thought we were taking a road trip and wanted the extra options but that vacation got postponed. But there are so many superchargers in Nor Cal that I doubt I'd use it outside of long trips. :/

I'll buy that from you, if you are open to selling

Chad