Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you think are the most popular roadster colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the time, the picture(s) of Racing Green on Tesla's website were not very attractive. I suspect that the poor pictures discouraged some people. It is actually a pretty color.

Absolutely! BRG is one of those magical colors which is actually subtle. It doesn't work well on computer screens. You have to see it in person. When I put down the deposit on my Roadster I was at the Menlo Park store and could look at dozens of Roadsters. There was one BRG in the lot and we grabbed samples of seat colors and held them up against the car. The RG (or BRG) is rare, not popular, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Part of having a Roadster is the notoriety and I would rather have a rare and beautiful color vs something that was popular. And I have met people in the design industry who say I nailed a great car body, seat and wheels design.

Attachments

• tesla 005.jpg
    tesla 005.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Looks like VFX's comment/question already got answered.

To me, the Radiant Red, Twilight Blue, and Signature Green were the trio of rich/metallic colors.

Fusion Red, Electric Blue, Racing Green are Brilliant Yellow are more bright, loud, but a bit "flat".

Signature green was very popular among the first 100 cars because it was exclusive. (A few of the VPs in Signature Green later got resold adding a bit more to the total.)

color-kit.jpg

So many nice looking colors! I remember ordering and having a hard time making up my mind! Every one of those colors looks really nice.

@thefortunes Tesla would say that your wheels are on the wrong sides of your car.

If I remember correctly Tesla used "Radiant Red" as their marketing color. I like the Radiant Red, for one its the color I have (and it just grabbed me when I first saw it), but secondly it really offers a smooth transition with the CF accents and black trim of the black wind foils/black headlight & tailight trim, etc... There are other colors that do this as well. The interior colors also accent the color, I have the beige leather with the black accents where even the head rest pad is accented black... (my other interior color for the Radiant Red interior would be Saddle Brown with Black accts). Its interesting how some have the accent color up on the headrest area and some don't. I guess it was a custom option to some degree where the accent colors go. Lastly I have the "mistake" rims that are painted the metallic grey, that color goes hand and hand with the Radiant Red. The only other rim that would go with that color in my opinion would be the black, but that would offer a really bold look to the whole look... The metallic grey adds the little touch that again grabs the eye.

One thing for sure, nobody is complaining about the color they have :) I think each color has something unique and beautiful that we all can appreciate. And I think possibly a new Roadster owner may not have a color they like but eventually it'll grow on to you I'm sure.

To my knowledge there is one Roadster that was repainted to a different custom color... I've seen others on the forum. I'm not a big fan of repaints... especially a different color unless you can pull each individual panel off and strip it back down.... but that's just me.

So many nice looking colors! I remember ordering and having a hard time making up my mind! Every one of those colors looks really nice.

@thefortunes Tesla would say that your wheels are on the wrong sides of your car.

Really? As I understand it the previous owner only had tires installed by Tesla (snow to summer and back).

I just looked on the Tesla website and (as you know) you're right - all their pics show the rims the other way.

Really dumb (and off-topic question)...does it matter?

Last edited:
Really? As I understand it the previous owner only had tires installed by Tesla (snow to summer and back).

I just looked on the Tesla website and (as you know) you're right - all their pics show the rims the other way.

Really dumb (and off-topic question)...does it matter?

I was told by a couple of different techs with lots of Roadster experience that it does matter. One of them told me it had less wind resistance. Before I mounted tires on them he showed me a direction indicator on the inside of each rim. That would confirm that it probably matters.

To my knowledge there is one Roadster that was repainted to a different custom color... I've seen others on the forum. I'm not a big fan of repaints... especially a different color unless you can pull each individual panel off and strip it back down.... but that's just me.

2.25 conversion, interior upgrade, and repaint

There are several cars that have had custom paint and repaint jobs. Eric VFX's and mine come to mind. Mine was Radiant Red with saddle prior to makeover. While yellow was one of the least popular colors, I love mine, and getting the custom yellow pearl makes it all the better for me. Not subtle, but for my dream car there really was no other option, and since I bought in late 2011, used and repaint was the only option.

And I agree that a Roadster repaint has to be done by a real pro. The battery doesn't like heat and today's paint process involves baking the paint, so it has to be handled deftly.

Last edited by a moderator: