Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you think are the most popular roadster colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arctic White and Fusion Red. Fusion >> Radiant IMHO.

IMG_2517.JPG

When I bought my Roadster, the Tesla sales person said that Very Orange was the most popular, followed by thunder gray and sterling. Based on my not-very-scientific observations, Thunder gray and sterling are tied for most popular, followed by Arctic white.

The first 100 Sigs could choose a special British racing green and it was the most popular of that group.

TEG?

Racing green (not sure if the same as special British) and Fusion red were the two base model colors that didn't require an additional charge when I ordered my Roadster. I imagine racing green was fairly popular but I don't see very many.

Racing green (not sure if the same as special British) and Fusion red were the two base model colors that didn't require an additional charge when I ordered my Roadster. I imagine racing green was fairly popular but I don't see very many.
At the time, the picture(s) of Racing Green on Tesla's website were not very attractive. I suspect that the poor pictures discouraged some people. It is actually a pretty color.

Not easy being green

My wife's Roadster (#40) is a Signature Green. It's darker than British Racing Green and looks like black on certain light.

Tesla's "Signature Green" is same as or similar to Lotus' "Racing Green", a dark metallic green that looks like a dull black in low light but shows a dark emerald in direct sunlight (see my avatar :biggrin:). Not more than 127 of the ~2500 Roadsters had this paint option (27 for Founder's Series + 100 for Signature Series in U.S.), and it's been guesstimated that ~~40 roadsters (??) are in signature green. Lots of early Roadsters were in the reds and blacks as well.

Meanwhile, Tesla's "Racing Green" is the same as or similar to Lotus' "British Racing Green", which is a lighter solid color that always looks green.

See pics/comments: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10745-107-Racing-Green-Bernardsville-NJ-SOLD

Note also Euro sigs had different color options: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dpeilow/3662739486/sizes/o/

Thanks to TEG for content on the links.

Back on-topic, I thought Twilight Blue was tops.