Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you think of my modified Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, a lot of that kind of blanket statement seems to get a lot of space (panel gaps too) on this site, but I think there is some nuance. I am appalled at the fact that I have peeling pain on the drive side door hinge and that already have black acne on my rear bumper right behind the tires (now have flaps that DON'T rub). BUT, my white paint has considerably less "orange peel" than my more recent bimmers and my GTI, tho not as good as my Porsches. It has also held up very well wherever applied to metal (the bumper panel being plastic.).

Can you send a link to your mud flaps that don't rub?
I'm wondering why some people here said that my mud flaps might be bad for the paint.They're fixated, they don't really move, I don't see how they could scratch anything. Dust might get in between the flap and the paint, but it's just dust, nothing compared to the paint chips they're avoiding on a regular basis (can often hear little stones hitting them randomly on the freeway, or obviously on a gravel road).

Really don't like the red handles and red T like most of the people here...but you do you man...you have to like it. Also don't like the white mudflaps...would go black.

Actually love the way the 2021 M3P comes out of the factory...love the black trim + handles, the uberturbine wheels look amazingg, spoiler and red calipers...all it needs IMO is blacked out T logos on front and back and blacked out Dual Motor sign with the line...(that costs about $40 total to get)...going to try out the black basenor mudflaps on my white M3P...I don't love that they wrap around to the side...in that sense I like the Tesla OEM ones better since they don't...but they are only made for the front?

Can you send a link to your mud flaps that don't rub?
I'm wondering why some people here said that my mud flaps might be bad for the paint.They're fixated, they don't really move, I don't see how they could scratch anything. Dust might get in between the flap and the paint, but it's just dust, nothing compared to the paint chips they're avoiding on a regular basis (can often hear little stones hitting them randomly on the freeway, or obviously on a gravel road).
Lots of youtube videos of the side paint being scratched up if you remove the flaps and look...if you're never going to take them off I guess it doesn't matter

Not really for me but I do like "different" so it's interesting. It's not really the most flattering shot to show off a change though: your car looks like it was forced to participate in some sort of bizarre car petting zoo. ;) Get it on the side of the road, parking lot, nice backdrop, get "on the level" more with the car, some tire black, etc. to make the subtleties pop more.

Mike