Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you think of the door handles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LC hybrid:
lc-flushed-door-handle.jpg

They meet all the criteria and are superior in form and function to the Model 3 handles. Most notably when someone walks up to the car they can pull the door handle and the door opens. Imagine that.
It's pretty much exactly the same principle as the Model 3's except motorized (thus easier to break and more expensive to replace; also more "complicated"/complex in many people's books).

I though you were talking about a different design that was purely mechanical (all of the ones I found were push to pop open similar to model 3). I don't think it is reasonable to expect a $35k car to have motorized handles.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP
Was in Palo Alto Stanford to see the Model 3 in person and I knew ahead of time to push one end with the thumb and grab the pushed out door handle part with my other fingers. Really seemed like second nature so I'd rate these a 10. Have an S and while I love the door handles to present by touch they don't always work on our passenger side. Seems intermittent and still not sure if sometimes I'm doing something wrong or not.

I'm not a fan but they're not a deal breaker. They are cumbersome to use. More than that, I find the omission of a power liftgate to be borderline unforgivable on a $56,000 car with the "premium options" package. And I know it's coming but I'd like to buy the car now instead of waiting.

The handles are really fine, most of the time i don't even grab the lever portion of the handle and just press with my thumb and then grab the door to open it. I can't think of another flush mounted, non-motorized design that would be significantly better/more visually pleasing.