TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What do you use more? Trunk/Frunk

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by tfraley, Jun 10, 2019.

?

What do you use more?

1. Trunk

85.3%
  2. Frunk

14.7%
  1. aspec818

aspec818 Member

Living in the Bay, I rarely use the trunk as my rear seats are folded down 90% of the time. If I need to carry things while I'm away from the car, it's going in the frunk. Otherwise, I just use my passenger footwell as storage space for my trip.

2. Mod3forMe

Mod3forMe Member

I use the frunk from time to time for the novelty of it, but the trunk gets 90% of my time as it is just easier.

3. Rottenapplr

Rottenapplr Member

I use the front as my main storage. I have the seats down so Scumbags can look inside lol,so the front stores the important stuff like my backpack. Oh and it’s cool to,get your stuff from your front hood Lol #attentionwhore

• Funny x 1
  4. futbolista

futbolista Member

I use the trunk 99% of the time vs. the frunk simply because I feel like I'm gonna bend that flimsy metal every time I close the frunk.

5. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

Yup.

I've opened the frunk exactly twice since delivery day- once to put the all weather mat in, and once because I was showing the car to someone and they specifically asked to see it.

I mean, I'd use it if I really needed to... but I haven't run out of space putting things in the trunk yet, and don't have to worry about breaking the car when using it either.

6. tfraley

tfraley Member

Same here, I feel little stuff like this is lost. Why is it so flimsy and almost unusable or at least it makes us feel that way.

For as good as Tesla is. And we all love our Teslas don't get me wrong. However, I feel like they have a lot of shortcoming to overcome come. I hope the competition on the horizon pushes them to up the build quality a bit.

• Funny x 1
  7. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I use my frunk all the time. I replaced the spring so it's not much easier to close. I have android so I can open the frunk using the notification screen.

8. aspec818

aspec818 Member

Don’t worry about the hood breaking. The manual frunk design has been around for a while. My Porsche Boxster had the same frunk design and works fine. Just put your hand around the emblem and push down.

• Like x 1
  9. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

Not food = Trunk
    Food (as in leftovers) = Frunk

We don't really have much issue with breakin's around where I live.

10. UTMB

UTMB Member

Clean stuff: front trunk
    Dirty stuff: trunk

"Hey Siri, open the front trunk."

"That's done."

• Like x 1
  11. hydro 481

hydro 481 Member

It depends on the size of my victims

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  12. afadeev

afadeev Member

If Frunk had an easily accessible open button, I would use it.
    As it stands, launching Tesla app on the phone to access the stupid thing is too large of a barrier to adoption. Therefore, trunk it is, 100% of the time.

Roadkill == frunk?
    :D

13. UTMB

UTMB Member

Our charger is on the back wall, so
    I back my M3 into my garage, as far as I can. Therefore, it's not convenient to open the trunk. But I installed the Tesla all-weather mat in the boot, so I can take home stuff from the nursery and carry spray equipment to our property. Lunch, clothing, groceries, files, laptop and drives go in the front trunk.

14. pdx_m3s

pdx_m3s Member

If the Frunk would operate more like the Trunk, I would use it a lot more. However, the current latching mechanism is too difficult to make it worth it. Not to mention getting fingerprints all over the hood. Doubt I’ll ever use the Frunk unless I run out of room in the trunk.

• Like x 1
  15. Radlaw

Radlaw Member

Never have used the frunk.

16. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

I use the frunk all the time. I stash my volleyball / gym gear in there. Can't have smelly shoes and clothes in the trunk can we ;)

17. pcgqr1

pcgqr1 Member

Frunk. Rear seats are down 100% of the time so thieves can check what's in the trunk.

18. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

It's that common for cars to be broken into?? :confused:

19. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

I've never needed to use the frunk. The trunk is huge, and the floor well allows for some much extra storage, especially anything you don't want to move around. I got the EVannex trunk organizer (dividers can be removed or moved to change size).

D313605F-CE02-444B-B74E-D6E42E2A64D7.jpg fullsizeoutput_106a.jpeg

20. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

I use the trunk daily. I keep a compact stroller in the frunk that occupies half of the space. The other half I use when transporting food.