Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you use your Frunk for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got the older big frunk and use it all the time, far more than the rear trunk actually. All the groceries go in there, all the take out food, and on trips its always full. I think its a real shame that they shrank it so much in the refresh, I would much prefer the big frunk to a silly HEPA filter.
FYI: while that filter may shrunk the frunk a bit the real killer of the spacious frunk was the dual motor. the front unit ate up alot of the frunk space. and for me it was worth the trade off.

FYI: while that filter may shrunk the frunk a bit the real killer of the spacious frunk was the dual motor. the front unit ate up alot of the frunk space. and for me it was worth the trade off.
Naw, the dual motor just ate the microwave box, which still left a good amount of usable space. Personally I prefer the largest frunk and RWD.

The frunk in the facelift cars though is to small to be useful on a day to day basis.

I agree.

A couple costco sized packs of AA batteries, in case of emergency... hoping I can maybe power the car off 'em somehow, I dunno..

Like this

guns? oh my!:eek:
if you are in interstate transport of your guns via states that aren't reciprocating with your state's carry permit the frunk is a perfect place to store the weapon. In stasi like police states like MD and NJ where the police will attempt illegal searches at the site of a fla plate the frunk would possibly be overlooked in their furtive attempts of violations of the 4th ammendment.
however in places that allow car carry, in your home state or a state reciprocates carry privileges why would you want to be so far away from your weapon?
oh and if you aren't aware the frunk is really not very secure.
Tesla frunk security flaw ?

I'm a police officer.. so carry permit rules do not apply. And I'm not concerned about having my 4th amendment rights violated. I don't keep anything illegal in my vehicle, so it's not an issue. ;)
However, haven't taken the car out of California yet.

Thanks for making me aware of the frunk security flaw. I will stop storing guns up there when on the move.

I'm a police officer.. so carry permit rules do not apply. And I'm not concerned about having my 4th amendment rights violated. I don't keep anything illegal in my vehicle, so it's not an issue. ;)
However, haven't taken the car out of California yet.

Thanks for making me aware of the frunk security flaw. I will stop storing guns up there when on the move.
no place in a car is secure. I would always keep my weapon(s) on my person when the car is unattended. this is problematic in states that refuse to honor other states weapons permits like YOURS does.
with no disrespect intended towards your profession, why should certain rules invoked on citizens not apply to you?
we are equal, however some are more equal than others;)

no place in a car is secure. I would always keep my weapon(s) on my person when the car is unattended. this is problematic in states that refuse to honor other states weapons permits like YOURS does.
with no disrespect intended towards your profession, why should certain rules invoked on citizens not apply to you?
we are equal, however some are more equal than others;)
Well if you're speaking in regards to his no-need for a carry permit, I'd say it's obvious why the rule doesn't apply to him as he is well trained with a firearm and diffusion of anger in situations; unlike some crazies that wanna just throw them around like they're cell phones. Gangs and unlicensed body guards who get them through the unregulated black market.

Well if you're speaking in regards to his no-need for a carry permit, I'd say it's obvious why the rule doesn't apply to him as he is well trained with a firearm and diffusion of anger in situations; unlike some crazies that wanna just throw them around like they're cell phones. Gangs and unlicensed body guards who get them through the unregulated black market.
like I said, those reasons should not grant him any more privileges than any other citizen. while bad people having guns is certainly an issue, that should not preclude honest law abiding citizens from their rights. arsonists use matches and cigarette lighters to ignite fires, should their possession be limited to fire fighters and retired fire fighters because someone with bad intent be able to acquire those types of flame igniters?