TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What do you usually do when your Tesla is charging?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by guipingfang, Aug 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

Today I am preparing to charge for my MS.
    There is so hot and boring.
    I played with my Tesla.Sharing with my pictures.Lol..
    How about you?What do you usually do? IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1155.JPG IMG_1151.JPG IMG_1145.JPG
    Lol,don't laugh at my drawing.

2. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

Sleep.

The Tesla is set to charge at 2 AM from the dedicated TOU EV electric meter.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
  3. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Sleep.. actually... good night.

• Like x 1
  4. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

If I'm at home I just leave it in the garage charging and forget about it.
    If I'm at a supercharger I usually try to go get a coffee or something. I don't like sitting in the car waiting.

• Like x 1
  5. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

Wow that is a good idea but today I have run too much miles so no choice but to charge at noon.

6. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

That is a not bad choice and I am hurry now so I can't wait for a long time.It seems charge quickly when I am here,but actually not.Lol...

7. guipingfang

guipingfang Banned

LOL...Good night !

8. Dean Upton

Dean Upton Member

Wow wow, what a beautiful rainbow. Is it drew by your kids? I noticed you are from China me too, nice to meet you here........

9. kort677

kort677 Banned

put one more in the sleep column.
    however when on a long drive when I need to use a SpC, I generally walk around the area where the SpC is located or grab a snack, I try to do my long SpC charges around mealtimes.

• Like x 2
  10. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

I like to draw while charging, too. Sometimes I get out and stretch, find a restroom (I drink A LOT of water), sometimes I eat or nap. I'm not usually a good napper because I only have "On" and "Off" modes apparently, but on my last road trip I experienced the best nap of my life at the Savannah SC, and it was only about 10 minutes!

• Informative x 1
  11. Thiago

Thiago S75D

I usually go for a run. My pace is not great so in the 30min or so I supercharge at my local SpC I can do my 5k and stretch.
    Far from being fit, this is at least my motivation to kill two birds with one stone.
    And yes, I do play pokemon go while running too. (not ashamed).

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. GSP

GSP Member

@guipingfang

When supercharging on road trips I usually take a 15 minute break to walk to a restroom and back, or a 60 minute break to walk to a restaurant and eat. This usually provides all of the time needed for supercharging. Sometimes I pick up items I need at the nearby Meijer store (many superchargers in my area are located in a Meijer parking lot).

On long trips you are spending too much time sitting in the car driving (or supervising autopilot). Sitting in the car while supercharging is a very bad idea for your health and happiness, in my opinion. Go take a short walk and you will feel much better when you reach your destination. You also will be a more alert and safer driver.

Happy travels!

GSP

• Like x 2
  13. johnster007

johnster007 Member

I recently put a handheld Dyson vacuum in my car along with detailing towels and spray. The carpet and door sills have never been so clean!

• Like x 3
  14. daniel

daniel Active Member

Sleep. I don't get time-of-day electric rates, but I still set mine to charge at 1:00 a.m. so I don't contribute to peak demands. I've never charged anywhere but at home because I never drive the Tesla beyond half its range.

15. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

I drove 24 hours from Berlin Germany to Toulouse France in one go last fall. At each supercharger had a nap for 40 minutes and was fresh to go to the next one.

• Love x 1
  16. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

+6 for the sleeps. 3:30am start time and ready to by 7:15 no matter what my day before driving was like. Gotta love that 72Amp charger

17. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Catch up on email or make some phone calls.

18. Hash Browns

Hash Browns Member

Mostly sleep. I charge 99% of the time at home, overnight.

When Supercharging on road trips, I always visit the property host and make a small purchase (food, or whatever). For example, if the Supercharger is located in the parking lot of a restaurant, I will always eat at that restaurant and let management know that I am there because of their commitment to Tesla and charging infrastructure. :)

• Like x 6
  19. Viking1

Viking1 Member

Walk over to McD and get a coffee. Then listen to music. I would love to surf the internet, but it is just so unbelievably slow.

• Funny x 1
  20. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

I was gonna say, why do people talk as if sleeping and super-charging were mutually exclusive? :)

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1