Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does a little triangle with exclamation poit mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a warning that you have reduced power and/or regen. Happens mostly when the battery pack is cold ...
Not sure if that's it. First, whenever I have reduced power (due to col battery for example) or reduced regen, I get a dashed yellow line on regen or power side of the gauge, also sometimes exclamation at the bottom (sometimes accompanied by a text alert) The one I am asking about shows up at the top left. Btw, very unlikely battery was cold earlier today when it showed up - I am currently driving coast to coast, so car is in constant supercharge-fly cycle (speed limits between 70 and 80mph). I was also driving through mountains, so definitely the battery should be plenty warm (avg 388 Wh/mile on last stretch).

Last edited:
The pre-AP cars display it differently, but I just wanted to mention that we get regen-limited between 45 kW and 60 kW without any dashed line. Thus, there is a dashed line for regen limited up to 45 kW. Once it is over 45 (but even before it gets to 60 kW), the dashed line disappears, but regen doesn't move up the tap all the way to 60 kW. Thankfully, at this level, the difference in regen level is small, but noticeable (to me at least). Perhaps that is what is going on with your car if it is not a "charging close to 100%" thing.

Just got it again when going up a sustained incline for a bit (usage graph steady at 410Wh/m) - only showed for a few seconds. Then a while later, after cruising at 80mph I slowed down a little and punched the accelerator, saw it again, but them tried the same thing, no warning. I did check battery temp just to see, no way to get it but max power said 30mins, so battery was not hot (it was 40F outside).

So still not sure what the heck that means.