Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does Dog Mode entail that it needs AP2? Very disappointed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a big dog lover and a '13 P85 owner I'm disappointed that it seems like Dog Mode won't be rolled out to non-AP cars.

Why? We have the ability to persist climate - how hard would it be to show the dog message onscreen even if you don't have all the AP cameras?

What in Dog Mode requires AP?

Thanks -

Reactions: Minecon_CA
You can only enable dog mode from the car itself by being in park or off, pressing the fan button on the center screen and then selecting “dog mode” before exiting the car. Once enabled you can change the temp from the app and i believe turn it off although i haven’t tried. You can only enable dog mode if you are above 20% charge which is the same as climate keeper mode

Reactions: ACDriveMotor
As a big dog lover and a '13 P85 owner I'm disappointed that it seems like Dog Mode won't be rolled out to non-AP cars.

Why? We have the ability to persist climate - how hard would it be to show the dog message onscreen even if you don't have all the AP cameras?

What in Dog Mode requires AP?

Thanks -

Looks like the op posted this back in March, and never returned to the thread. But yes even original signature cars (my 2012) got dog mode.