Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does driving a P+L actually feel like?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my Ludi X a few days ago, but I always seem to be in traffic and haven't had a chance to really let it fly and see what it can do. Sure, I can gun it from a light but when I did that on my 75, I'd always take off for a few hundred feet and then inevitably get caught at the next traffic light and feel like an idiot... So I'm resisting that for now...

If my normal daily commute is 20-30 miles, is there any negative to leaving it in Ludi+ the whole time? I'm guessing it won't heat up enough to really maximize the speed, but I want to make sure it won't damage anything long term...

So I picked up my Ludi X a few days ago, but I always seem to be in traffic and haven't had a chance to really let it fly and see what it can do. Sure, I can gun it from a light but when I did that on my 75, I'd always take off for a few hundred feet and then inevitably get caught at the next traffic light and feel like an idiot... So I'm resisting that for now...

If my normal daily commute is 20-30 miles, is there any negative to leaving it in Ludi+ the whole time? I'm guessing it won't heat up enough to really maximize the speed, but I want to make sure it won't damage anything long term...

Pretty sure there's no harm in leaving it in Ludicrous.

I don't think we have any data on the long term effects of leaving it in plus. I probably wouldn't do it - you won't get much benefit, but you'll pay a bunch of extra electricity to constantly heat the pack.

Leaving the car in Ludicrous is fine, but Ludicrous+ with Max Battery heating is probably not good for the pack. Plus you will lose tons of range.

• Informative
Reactions: Spelly88
There used to be a limit to full power upon launch mode. Tesla never revealed the algorithm, but with many ludicrous folks in an uproar over 0-60mph times slightly dipping, if memory serves me, they changed it up so that this is not the case anymore ... I think. The rub for me was the better ½ wore out the continentals in just over 14 months
:mad:

Theres actually 2 giant warning labels for ludi+ i think it explains the cons fairly well:
20190718_214526.jpg
20190718_214456.jpg

Theres actually 2 giant warning labels for ludi+ i think it explains the cons fairly well:View attachment 431478 View attachment 431479
As far as 0-60 times, those are under "ideal" conditions. Main factors being: battery fully preheated/fully charged/launch mode/track/tires/wind resistance.
0-60 in 2.8 _IS_achievable in p100d X

Many people trying to hit the times often forget to fully charge after the battery is preheated, to get your best times you really want above 90% battery, above 95% is better. Theres a noticeable drop when you hit 80% (this is only noticeable if you watch your stats on the left side of the hud) the stats only appear in ludi+ after its fully preheated

• Informative