Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does Elon drive ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seen him driving an S and 3 but never an X.....

Last I saw he drives a black X in Hawthorne. But really his driving is pretty limited. When I saw the X, I envisioned him driving down to Hawthorne or up to Fremont. NO he drives from each to the airport and maybe he gets a burger. I have seen pics of him in a black S also in the Bay area.

I think you can have whatever and how many ever you want of anything at this level. At this point its utilitarian. I know one thing he must be pretty sick of cars by now. Passion yes, but over it at some level after "production hell".

I remember the video of an excited Elon taking delivery of a McClaren F1 - though that was 15 years ago and that guy had a lot less hair........

And that McClaren, he wrecked it, Uninsured. I forget who was in the car with him, as I recall the story it was the other person tempted him at "how fast could this car be" as it spun out into an embankment on popular road in Palo Alto hills in the bay area. Please correct me if I am wrong, Im fuzzy on the exact details.

Actually Elon is fuzzy on the whole matter. I would be also. Something you may want to forget. A perfectly awesome car, something you have wanted since forever and its totaled in seconds.

Last I saw he drives a black X in Hawthorne. But really his driving is pretty limited. When I saw the X, I envisioned him driving down to Hawthorne or up to Fremont. NO he drives from each to the airport and maybe he gets a burger. I have seen pics of him in a black S also in the Bay area.

I think you can have whatever and how many ever you want of anything at this level. At this point its utilitarian. I know one thing he must be pretty sick of cars by now. Passion yes, but over it at some level after "production hell".

And that McClaren, he wrecked it, Uninsured. I forget who was in the car with him, as I recall the story it was the other person tempted him at "how fast could this car be" as it spun out into an embankment on popular road in Palo Alto hills in the bay area. Please correct me if I am wrong, Im fuzzy on the exact details.

Actually Elon is fuzzy on the whole matter. I would be also. Something you may want to forget. A perfectly awesome car, something you have wanted since forever and its totaled in seconds.

Did you see whether his x is a p100d?

I’m curious, because you would think as someone who loves fast cars, and bought the Mclaren f1, he would only drive the p100d

Although being Elon he probably has his pick of whatever Tesla he wants, but I wonder about the ones he personally owns /drives the most.

If I was him I would have one of each of the 3 p models, both roadsters, plus a p200d semi ludicrous.

P90D Last five of Vin# 00001. All speculation. I revise the above "last I saw an IMAGE of purported Elon Musk Model X.

Taken at Hawthorne Supercharger, image lifted from the internet. My story comes from an article I read 1.5 years or less ago about a gentlemen who was next to his car in that very Supercharger. These pics might very well be from that same person. I went to the site these images were lifted from today and its not a language I understand.

Notice the VIN, last five 00001, if I am Elon Musk and I am the architect of the Model X and those doors and CEO of a car Company, my car better be the first one off the line and it better be a good one. Not sure they had 100kWh battery at that moment. I think not. Im not giving up my car 00001 though, I might have 100 kWh installed and rebadge, because I am Elon Musk. Totally unnecessary though as the P90D is a killer car anyway you slice it Model X or not.
IMG_3077-1.jpg
IMG_3081-1.jpg