Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does FSD Beta Onboarding look like?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! I've been trying to find an answer to this but haven't been able to dig anything up. I'm just curious what is the process for getting added to FSD Beta once Tesla decides to let you in? Do you get some kind of email that requires you to fill in something, or does a software update just show up in your car if you've been selected?

I'm in Canada, eagerly anticipating the release (hopefully this weekend I guess??) of FSD Beta, but wanted to know what the actual onboarding procedure for getting it and using it in the car looks like. Just wondering if maybe someone who has recently been added to the group of beta testers can share?

Cheers!

You get a welcome email and an update at the exact same time when you're accepted.

The fun part is accepting the terms in the car and driving for your Safety Score!
Oh, in Canada we've already gotten the "Request FSD Beta" button in the current version of our software (2022.4.5.4). I've been playing the safety score game now for almost a month :) Still sitting at 100 and hoping that's good enough to get the beta, but to be honest I'd be really surprised if the release went out to a large number of people in Canada right away, so I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, in Canada we've already gotten the "Request FSD Beta" button in the current version of our software (2022.4.5.4). I've been playing the safety score game now for almost a month :) Still sitting at 100 and hoping that's good enough to get the beta, but to be honest I'd be really surprised if the release went out to a large number of people in Canada right away, so I'm not holding my breath.
Your chances look good! How many miles have you racked up?

...I'm not holding my breath...
In the beginning, some people were able to get to download the FSD beta firmware in between releases. I don't think that is the case anymore. Owners with passing Safety Score have to wait for the next release. In the beginning, the next release was quite frequent but not anymore.

For me, I still have the last release --FSD beta 10.10.2 on 2/18/2022.

The next one, 10.11, has been slowly released to some, but not many including myself, since 3/13/2022 and it seems to pause since then.

Last edited:
For me, the onboarding was totally anticlimactic. I had just gotten my safety score up to 97 a couple of days before, and I got the usual software update notification on Christmas morning (2021). It was the "Version 11" UI update that everybody got, but there were release notes for the Beta in there too. I was totally unsure whether I had gotten the Beta or not, but the release notes were definitely about the Beta. So I went to the Autopilot settings and there I found a new slider for enabling the Beta, and the Safety Score disappeared from the app shortly afterwards. I read some stuff and clicked that I agreed, and that was it.

No trumpet fanfare, no email. It was just another update with release notes and more text to agree to.

For me, the onboarding was totally anticlimactic. I had just gotten my safety score up to 97 a couple of days before, and I got the usual software update notification on Christmas morning (2021). It was the "Version 11" UI update that everybody got, but there were release notes for the Beta in there too. I was totally unsure whether I had gotten the Beta or not, but the release notes were definitely about the Beta. So I went to the Autopilot settings and there I found a new slider for enabling the Beta, and the Safety Score disappeared from the app shortly afterwards. I read some stuff and clicked that I agreed, and that was it.

No trumpet fanfare, no email. It was just another update with release notes and more text to agree to.

Model Y - Canada - Delivered March 3rd
I got the 2022.8.2 update on Y today and it had the FSB Beta Request button which I promptly clicked on.
But I don't see the safety score. Reinstalled the app on my Android and restarted the phone. Still no luck.
Where would the safety score show up in Android app?

I got the 2022.8.2 update on Y yesterday and it had the FSB Beta Request button which I promptly clicked on as soon as the update finished.
But I don't see the safety score yet.
I went for two drives 10 KM each.
Reinstalled the app on my Android and restarted the phone.
Still no luck.
Where would the safety score show up in Android app and when?

I got the 2022.8.2 update on Y yesterday and it had the FSB Beta Request button which I promptly clicked on as soon as the update finished.
Still no luck.
still no score. but saw pics on the intenet - it shows up as the link below the "upgrades" link on the tesla app home page,
safety-score-mobile-app.jpeg

Thanks for all the replies everyone! FSD Beta was released to Canadians over the weekend. Sadly I don't have it yet (100 with over 1,100 KMs driven since March 1st), but it sounds like everyone who is getting it now is just getting a software update. No email, no other fanfare, just a special version of the software available for their car. Hoping I get added soon, it looks like the release is still expanding.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rusty1
So how exactly would I know when I've got FSD? I got the 2022.8.2 update an hour ago. (Score was/is 98)
It needs to be turned on in the Autopilot?
Some get FSD and some don't?
Still no luck.
BTW - on my iPhone, the trick was to logout of the app, shut it down and restart, and log back in - then possibly re-apply for Beta.
Just restart or reinstall (or reboot phone) did not do it.

Then the score showed up.