Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does it take to get a Model 3 - aside from waiting and waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one will get that far yet. I think they really don't know, are dreading the December rush, and have lots of people like me dreading it also.

I had thought a few weeks ago that Tesla wouldn't go ahead and squish a bulk of US orders into the latter half of December. But, as it turns out, they really are going to try this.

That's a busy place in general. You can shop, go out to dinner and not get pizza, etc.; pretty wild for Marin!

There are a lot of Tesla's up here, and opening up San Rafael for delivery would help things. I've heard talk of it. Then again, with Tesla, who knows. What I do know is that downtown SF (Van Ness) will be a mess, Fremont will be impossible to get to. Given that this is big Tesla country - I just don't know if they can deliver ever 10-15 minutes anywhere.

Always. Those 10 stations are it for the whole county. So, those with unlimited supercharger miles go there. There is another location opening this year in Marin City.

They started building one in Novato - what happened with that one? I saw pictures of a partially built station.

Marin City will be good for commuters. But the commute line goes way north of Santa Rosa these days.

We weren't going to stop at Corte Madera, but my wife was playing around with the navigation map and accidentally routed us there. Thought what the heck and decided to check it out. A couple of cars waiting for our spot when we left. Was originally planning on charging at the Presidio.

There are a lot of Tesla's up here, and opening up San Rafael for delivery would help things. I've heard talk of it. Then again, with Tesla, who knows. What I do know is that downtown SF (Van Ness) will be a mess, Fremont will be impossible to get to. Given that this is big Tesla country - I just don't know if they can deliver ever 10-15 minutes anywhere.

I took delivery in December of last year and the whole experience reminded me of going to an Apple store without an appointment. Chaos and people everywhere... If at all possible, try to get a morning appointment..

Reactions: puppers
We weren't going to stop at Corte Madera, but my wife was playing around with the navigation map and accidentally routed us there. Thought what the heck and decided to check it out. A couple of cars waiting for our spot when we left. Was originally planning on charging at the Presidio.

No, you don't want to shop at Corte Madera. My wife hates the place.

I think the future of charging is in the independent networks. EvGo is beefing up their speed.

I took delivery in December of last year and the whole experience reminded me of going to an Apple store without an appointment. Chaos and people everywhere... If at all possible, try to get a morning appointment..
A morning appointment - before people go to work?

It will be a 2 -2 1/2 hr Uber ride from where I live to SF. I figured right after lunch - 2pm or so. But if it gets backed up, then I don't know. All I know is my wife has major surgery at the end of Dec and lots of pre-op appts she has to go to. She takes priority over a car. So, I really don't know if delivery will happen for me. I gusss I have to wait and see.

A morning appointment - before people go to work?

Mine was at 10:30 AM and it was already crowded. My delivery was outside in the rain....

All I know is my wife has major surgery at the end of Dec and lots of pre-op appts she has to go to. She takes priority over a car. So, I really don't know if delivery will happen for me. I gusss I have to wait and see.

Best wishes to your wife for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery !

Tesla is not trying to offer poor customer service...in fact just the opposite.
They are trying to get as many vehicles delivered world wide, prior to EOY.
This required them to ship all inventory and production to Europe/Asia months ago.

You came so close when they offered you a car in only two days. Missed it by T-H-A-T much.

Tesla is not trying to offer poor customer service...in fact just the opposite.
They are trying to get as many vehicles delivered world wide, prior to EOY.
This required them to ship all inventory and production to Europe/Asia months ago.

No,not really. But then again, I don't have to like Tesla to like their cars.
You came so close when they offered you a car in only two days. Missed it by T-H-A-T much.

Actually I ordered the Oct. 1st, and was offered delivery on the the 8th on Oct. 4th. I got them (with a lot of pushing) to make it the 9th. I couldn't (for very good reasons) make it on the 9th and they wouldn't hold the car for 2 days longer.

This was not end of quarter. Tesla is really annoying to deal with, and if there was an alternative right now, lots of their customers would go to the competition. In a year or two, there will be pretty healthy competition. Tesla should clean up it's act. Really!