Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does "Refresh" mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure exactly but it may refer to newer things that were added to the Model Y such as the new center console. Additionally, they added dual-glazed side windows in the front, heated steering wheel, dimming side mirrors. The made in China Model Y has different door panels on the interior, not sure if that "refresh" has made it to US built Model Ys yet.

I think iamnid is right. Essentially, Tesla have been changing models mid-year. They have not typically waited for model-year changes to introduce changes like other manufacturers typically do. Hence people would refer to those "new" versions are refreshed. At least that's my understanding.

OK I have a newbie question. I see a lots of references to a refreshed 2020 Model S/3/X/Y. What does the term refresh mean? How is a 2020 different from a refreshed 2020 model Y for instance?
For the S and X:

2020 is Raven

2021 is Palladium:

Yoke Steering
Newer Bluetooth technology for key cards, key phones, and fobs just like the 3 and the Y.
Horizontal MCU (central screen)
Powerful MCU (PlayStation 5 level)
3 display screens
Cabin Camera
Revised battery pack
Revised Driver Unit...

I am not sure about Model Y but for 2021 Model 3:

Smaller frunk
Corner Headlights are different
Black trim instead of satin chrome
Aero Covers are harder to take off
Rims are a little bit different