Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does Tesla app tell me about supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We stayed at a Hilton the other night. It was the location of the super charger that we used and we could see it from our room.
At times all eight stalls were full but the phone app always shows one or two vacancies.
At other times empty but the app shows six stalls full.
Maybe I don’t know what I am doing. What gives?
BTW——- good move on hosting the SC Hilton. When we left in the morning I counted ten Tesla in the parking lot.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I'm eager to see if anyone has a good explanation. I would venture that the network connectivity isn't always good so the information's not updated all the time...
This is my guess too. Also, I wonder if the in car nav is more accurate with number of stalls available. Probably not since the mobile app and in car nav are probability hitting the same api/data source to get SC availability.

Where does it show the number of stalls available in the car?

Tap the map to bring up the map controls (zoom, satellite, traffic and charging), then tap the bottom right lighting bolt icon (charging) to toggle information about nearby charging stations.

From that screen you can filter by level 2, urban or full speed supercharger locations by selecting and deselecting the one- two- and three-lighting bolt icons at the top of the list.

When viewing a supercharger pin on the map, tap the pin and you’ll see a details menu appear showing number of stalls available/in use. Iirc, it’s displayed as vertical red bars (not numerical).
I stand corrected. The in car display does say, “2 of 8 stalls available” but it also displays the red bar icon above the pin. Just saw this on a YouTube vid.

E1E8F673-4564-4807-97CF-0AD2BD9DB5B9.png