TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What does the ECU "know"? I got a new one and my AP gone dumb.

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by alcibiades, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. alcibiades

alcibiades Member

My ECU died and had to be replaced. While at the SC, my firmware was updated to 17.24.28. My car is a HW2 X90.

Since it's return, my AP has been AWFUL. It can't find lanes as well, it struggles with whether cars are in my lane or nearby, and it doesn't care at all if it drives off center and next to another car in another lane. The speed control is nausea-inducing. These are all regressions from my previous firmware.

Is this related to the new ECU being "unlearned" or is it strictly the new firmware? Anyone able to help explain? Can I hope that it will get better without a new firmware update? Do I need to have it "recalibrated" (this was done once already by the SC after putting in the new ECU)? Thanks!

• Informative x 1
  2. Rafaelm

Rafaelm Member

Am I the only want that want 17.17.4 back?
    17.24.28 on AP2 auto steer is a major major step back

• Informative x 2
  3. croman

croman Active Member

At this point no one is getting AP2 updates except through a service center. If you go and don't want an update, tell them not to update you and even if it's loaded you don't have to install it.