Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does the LR Acceleration Boost cost in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a M3 LR 21 model, does performance boost make much difference?
I reckon it makes a fair bit of difference and has been worth the dough. YMMV.
Check out the Acceleration Boost thread in the parent forums. Loads of youtubes about it too.

Seems things may have changed recently, and now we can avail ourselves to a one off, 48 hour money back trial of AB, like they have had in North America.

1643003277806.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Aphelion
Yeah but it for 48 hours and see for yourself. I think based on most YouTube vidz it does make a reasonable difference, but just depends how much 3k means to you.
A subscription option would be awesome... $3k is a lot but would be nice to get eventually.

0-100 is 0-62mph. It does 0-60 in 3.7s and 0-100 in 3.9 as I understand it.
Imperial units are getting so old, there is literally only two countries in the world who still use this dumb system they keep forcing on everyone else, Geesh US move on.

I’d swear my acceleration boost has gotten better lately. Not that it was ever bad. Just that in the past week is so it has become super twitchy on pedal response. Like it has been tweaked some more. Was wondering if readying it for the new batteries has had an effect on older cars like mine. Wish I still had my dragy so I could test it. It did 3.69/0-100/1’ rollout, when first installed two years ago. I suppose I can look see what canbus says with tes⸱LAX.

Want to show this car off to some tradies, thinking of getting performance boost "trial" for two days, and then use that up before saving up my pocket money for it... anyone done this? I do want to try it out, I hear it does make a noticeable difference?

I just picked up a model y performance. Is this still available or has it been discontinued?
By definition, the performance model already comes with extra performance and so this upgrade is not applicable to your model. The performance boost is only available on dual motor long range models, specifically in Australia the Model 3 LR. As a dual motor long range Model Y hasn't been offered in Australia yet, there is currently no performance boost upgrade available for Australian Model Y's.

By definition, the performance model already comes with extra performance and so this upgrade is not applicable to your model. The performance boost is only available on dual motor long range models, specifically in Australia the Model 3 LR. As a dual motor long range Model Y hasn't been offered in Australia yet, there is currently no performance boost upgrade available for Australian Model Y's.
Damn. Wish it was available. Thank you for your reply. Do you know if there are any tunes or anything that makes the MYP quicker?