Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does the NEW Auto Pilot do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my Model 3 and love it. However I have read so much on this forum that I'm not sure what my M3's auto pilot does. Since it isn't the enhanced option anymore, its the $3000 option for new purchases...... Looking for a list of what it does and want it doesn't do.....
Thanks

Lots of threads on this already.

"Autopilot" provides just Autosteer and TACC. For other features once provided by "Enhanced Autopilot", such as Auto lane change, Summon and Navigate on Autopilot, they are now part of the "Full Self Driving" package.

More specifically, with TACC, car will self stop at a light or stop sign ONLY if a car is already there stopped. It will then proeed on its own again. But if there is no car stopped at light or stop sign, TACC will keep going. Am I correct?

Reactions: ALLZAP
Lots of threads on this already.

"Autopilot" provides just Autosteer and TACC. For other features once provided by "Enhanced Autopilot", such as Auto lane change, Summon and Navigate on Autopilot, they are now part of the "Full Self Driving" package.
More specifically, with TACC, car will self stop at a light or stop sign ONLY if a car is already there stopped. It will then proeed on its own again. But if there is no car stopped at light or stop sign, TACC will keep going. Am I correct?

TACC will stop if the car ahead of it stops. If there's no car ahead of it it'll keep going at whatever your set speed is.

It has no idea stop signs or stop lights exist.

Reactions: ALLZAP