TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What does the Security Alarm do?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by alfadur, Jul 18, 2018.

1. alfadur

alfadur Member

When my model 3 was delivered last week, the Tesla rep said I shouldn't activate my Security Alarm for a few days because people tend to set it off on accident. I went ahead and activated mine yesterday and so far so good. I haven't been able to find documentation anywhere on how the Security Alarm works, or how you can accidentally set it off. Any ideas?

2. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

These videos might help you with your question.

• Funny x 1
  3. alfadur

alfadur Member

That does it, thank you!

4. GuyDude

GuyDude Member

I cannot believe that the model 3 doesn't have a motion sensor for the interior cabin like BMW does.... smh...

In my BMW if i leave the window down and someone sticks their hand in alarm instantly goes off....

The real concern is ppl breaking the window and stealing your items from inside...not someone stealing the darn car....

Useless....

5. TT97

TT97 Member

I would like to know how many people here have accidentally set off the alarm? It's virtually impossible to set it off (other than opening from the inside with the window down).

6. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Yup only time i got it to go off was I turned off the car and was sitting inside. Then I opened the door from the inside. Otherwise useless alarm.

7. flashflooder

flashflooder Member

Something they could (and should) use the interior camera for.

• Like x 2