Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does the Security Alarm do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my model 3 was delivered last week, the Tesla rep said I shouldn't activate my Security Alarm for a few days because people tend to set it off on accident. I went ahead and activated mine yesterday and so far so good. I haven't been able to find documentation anywhere on how the Security Alarm works, or how you can accidentally set it off. Any ideas?

When my model 3 was delivered last week, the Tesla rep said I shouldn't activate my Security Alarm for a few days because people tend to set it off on accident. I went ahead and activated mine yesterday and so far so good. I haven't been able to find documentation anywhere on how the Security Alarm works, or how you can accidentally set it off. Any ideas?
These videos might help you with your question.

• Funny
Reactions: Scrutmonkey
I cannot believe that the model 3 doesn't have a motion sensor for the interior cabin like BMW does.... smh...

In my BMW if i leave the window down and someone sticks their hand in alarm instantly goes off....

The real concern is ppl breaking the window and stealing your items from inside...not someone stealing the darn car....

Useless....

I would like to know how many people here have accidentally set off the alarm? It's virtually impossible to set it off (other than opening from the inside with the window down).

I cannot believe that the model 3 doesn't have a motion sensor for the interior cabin like BMW does.... smh...

In my BMW if i leave the window down and someone sticks their hand in alarm instantly goes off....

The real concern is ppl breaking the window and stealing your items from inside...not someone stealing the darn car....

Useless....

Something they could (and should) use the interior camera for.

Reactions: alfadur and GuyDude