Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does this do? (holding "T")

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried on 70D with the 90 option and did a non-scientific stopwatch test using phone. Got 5.25s 0-60. Didn't even try Max after being disappointed. So it appears that it will only downgrade your current performance.

Something to note, if you do the performance code, it appears to be a toggle. If you type it in again, you just get the normal screen if it already has been activated and vice versa.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
I tried this on my Wife's X with 2.15.17 and it worked. Also note, the power limitation (yellow dotted lines) on the instrument cluster when 70 is selected.

Wow very interesting.

Did you have to leave the dialog window open when 70 was selected, or were you able to close it? Still wondering why / how this works...

For those of you complaining about the miss - this might be a rolling roll-out, as I don't have an 85D but I DO have a P85 and I have it. I still haven't figured out what it does, however.

My P85D with latest FW doesn't have it, and yeah, i'm a touch dissapointed. But I gotta say, it sure is interesting that someone driving the BEST car on the planet is MAD about not being able to SLOW his car down ;-)
Haha! I think it'd just be cool to have different modes and see what the differences are in the models. I really hope we get it!

I went for a test drive of a Model S P90D at the weekend so I could complete configuration of my X (wanted to see if Autopilot could cope with local drivers!), As I am ordering a 90D the Tesla rep agreed to dial it down to 90D after showing off what a P90DL can do.
After trying it on 90D for a while I asked him if he could drop it down to 85D as the X is heavier and it might be a little closer i performance. He said that that option was no longer available since they stopped producing the 85D. Maybe this is the case for the latest update only.

This little setting may (MAY) actually convince me to let my son drive my P90DL to his prom this weekend. I'm going to set it to 70 and see how slow I can make it. :) I wouldn't insult him but putting it in valet mode, but this one I could pull off without him even knowing! :)

This little setting may (MAY) actually convince me to let my son drive my P90DL to his prom this weekend. I'm going to set it to 70 and see how slow I can make it. :) I wouldn't insult him but putting it in valet mode, but this one I could pull off without him even knowing! :)

I haven't tried, but I'd be surprised if this setting persisted through a park / power off / lock etc cycle. It would be really annoying when demoing cars if they were accidentally left in a reduced power model.

I tried the 70d setting in my 90d, while it "retards" some of the acceleration it also seemed to lessen the regen and overall performance, I didn't care for it.
when trying to reset there wasn't an option to revert to 90d, only 70, 70d and max where my options, I chose max and it seemed to revert to "normal". also, probably unrelated but the AP chimes went silent.