Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does this do? (holding "T")

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i drove in 90D mode last night, got a bit lower wh/mi than normal. the S70 mode netted me the best 262wh/mi on my commute.

the window is indeed very buggy, the first day i used it i left it in s70 mode. the next day i wanted to use 70D but every time i check the T the car was in a different mode. the only way i was able to keep it in 90D was to leave the window open for my entire commute, annoying.

Yeah, I see the irony. I confirmed that the menu appeared but later said that it does nothing useful on a P85....
Even more remarkable is that he doesn't even have dual motor to do 0-60 in 3s. In case that was lost to anyone I was being sarcastic. In the meantime, I'll give the code another crack when weather permits with the menu up. It's actually raining in CA today.

I tried to compare a test drive in standard P90D mode with the performance setting at 70D. Each 90 minute trip started with a just-charged battery and included a launch to ~60 from stopped after a few minutes of driving and braking. Sport, not Insane mode, and not with Max Battery Power; the goal was to compare the usual driving experience. What I found was during the ride when I checked the About panel the setting had changed to 90. Stopping the car caused it to revert to Max, although I did not check this repeatedly. I'll try this again on one of my commutes and will leave the About panel open the whole time since I doubt the setting was maintained during this test. Overall consumption was the same but the test was probably not valid since the setting did not persist.
TeslaLog.com has larger data intervals than a quick launch but did record a max HP in a reasonable period when I was sure of the emulation setting: P90D 507 vs 70D 392. Subjectively, with the 70 D setting I did not feel pushed back into my seat.

This feature can only go down, in other words, you obviously can't "simulate" a dual-motor P85D if you only have a single motor 60. Looks like they designed it for large drive unit dual-motor cars, so it probably only works properly on a P85D or P90D. It then instructs the drive unit(s) to match the torque curves of a smaller drive unit(s). I tried it on my P90DL and it seems to simulate the performance of the lower models well. It does seem to cut power to the front drive unit when you select a non-D car, but I'm only basing this on my "butt-dyno". I don't feel like logging CAN just to confirm my theory, but I have confidence.

Seems to happened sometime around 2.15.x. You need to hold the "T" icon at the top of the screen until you see it flash, then the password box and on-screen keyboard will appear. Once it does, type "performance" then enter. Then when you tap the "T" (short tap) you will get your "about" screen and there will be a drop-down menu that lets you choose a lower power level. "max" is the full level for your particular model. You can enter "performance" again to disable the feature. I don't find any difference between "max" with it on and standard ludicrous without it.

Seems to happened sometime around 2.15.x. You need to hold the "T" icon at the top of the screen until you see it flash, then the password box and on-screen keyboard will appear. Once it does, type "performance" then enter. Then when you tap the "T" (short tap) you will get your "about" screen and there will be a drop-down menu that lets you choose a lower power level...
Nope, I tried and tried again but it did not work.