Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does this icon mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen this icon before. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks
Screenshot_20220914-165604~3.png

Reactions: Transformer
The icon is always there on mine, sometimes its white and sometimes its greyed out
The icon there but greyed out means that the phone is set up as a key but not connected
The white icon is when you are in proximity to your car and your phone is/can be used as a key
Maybe it's a bug on mine because it's completely random whether I'm at work and my car's 100 yards away or I'm at home and it's 15 yards away with a building in between us. Probably the only time I haven't seen it is when I'm inside the car using it.

Upvote 0
The icon is always there on mine, sometimes its white and sometimes its greyed out
The icon there but greyed out means that the phone is set up as a key but not connected
The white icon is when you are in proximity to your car and your phone is/can be used as a key
I believe this to be true.
I've monitored this for a day and I purposely moved out of proximity and then within proximity. When I exited the car it was white. I got far enought out of the way and once it disconnected, it went grey. Now I did walk back into the garage and it stayed grey until I woke the car up with the phone but in proximity.
You can still wake the car up from the app and it stays greyed out.

Upvote 0