Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Does This Repair Item Mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The symptom is the loss of voice commands while the car can still be used as the bluetooth connection to the phone.

Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
ASSY,AUTOPILOT.ECU,3.0, MSX-FUSED(1655000-70-G) 1.0

ECU 3.0, what is this?

I was supposed to have a mobile service tech fix a problem with the 12 volt battery sensor. When he asked me for the date and time of the failure I gave him that info and told him the voice commands had stopped working. That required a visit to the service center and he created a service center visit instead. This is what they want to replace. While it may address the voice command issue, I don't think this will address the 12 volt battery problem. He referred to this as an "upgrade". Is this a newer design than what came with my X delivered in Aug '18?

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure the info in the car's log is gone with the delays and I see no sign anyone downloaded it at the time of the original call or since. That's a recurring pattern. Intermittent problem, create time stamp for data buffer, no one downloads info, info gone so they won't fix anything.

That’s the FSD computer upgrade (AP3) they have been rolling out to AP2.5 cars that bought FSD when they are in for service. They will do AP2 cars as well at some point, but I don’t think they have the hardware for them yet.

It has nothing to do with your problem, just with them delivering on a promise they made you quite a while back.

Reactions: Akikiki
Yeah, I actually had a phone call with a service tech and he explained that to me. They want to replace the microphone for my problem. I would say the one part i'm sure it's not is the mic because I can use it for phone calls still. But he seemed to be saying there are TWO microphones, one for each purpose... really??? Rockville seems to be much more committed to fixing my problems than Richmond ever was. I have to believe they are under the gun to limit expenses and Richmond is kissing ass a lot more than Rockville. Trouble is they can't get me a car in Rockville and Uber doesn't drive to where I live 100 miles away. How much would that cost anyway? Easily a two hour drive when there's no traffic issue.

I'm slightly encouraged.

Oh yeah, once again they tried to contact me on a cell phone that barely works. I've asked them to remove that number several times and I've gone into the account myself and changed it... twice now. Yet, I continue to get calls from Tesla on that number.

Amazing...