Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does Wh/Mi include?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had 2 perhaps unrelated things happen this morning.

1) I was unable to contact the car via the app and when I got in the car, there was a message on the dash that said systems powering up. Press brake after this message goes away. The 17" display was off. It took a minute or so and then came to life. It was about 36° outside.

2) My Wh/Mi was 410 in a 30 mile average and if I looked at the graph, it seemed to be in the 800 range for a while. After driving for a few miles it settled back to the low 300s.

My question is, does the Wh/Mi display include all power or just propulsion? I'm guessing all power. I saw somewhere that the cabin heater is 6kw. Is there a listing of other draws like seat heaters, rear window defogger, batter heater...?
I had the cabin heater set to 70°, the driver side seat heater on and the rear window defogger on. Was that the reason for the high consumption?

thanks,
Steve

My question is, does the Wh/Mi display include all power or just propulsion? I'm guessing all power. I saw somewhere that the cabin heater is 6kw. Is there a listing of other draws like seat heaters, rear window defogger, batter heater...?
I had the cabin heater set to 70°, the driver side seat heater on and the rear window defogger on. Was that the reason for the high consumption?

yes.
and: normal

It records power coming out of the main pack whenever the car is "on". This would include topping up the 12v battery via the DC-DC converter, but again, only when the car is "on". It does not account for vampire losses when the car sits (including 12v top-ups) nor charging inefficiencies. I meter my electrical connection to the car and my "calculated" Wh/mi is at least 25% greater than what the car reports.