Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does (will) your personalized plate say?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my personalized plate in January, after waiting a few weeks to receive my permanent plates. In the end, I went to AAA prior to receiving my permanent plates and they were able to look up what my permanent plate would be and assist in ordering a vanity plate.

What's strange is, back in 2018, I had a BMW M2 on order, and was able to order a vanity plate without needing the permanent plate first. Guess the DMV has changed their rules, just not sure why...

Told it will take 6-9 months to receive it.

Anyone have any clever vanity plates on order or on their Tesla, and care to share it?

I the following for my Model Y:

I8A MDL3

• Funny
Reactions: Ohmster and drewski
IMG_0625.jpg

Reactions: ShelJW and drewski
Ordered my personalized plate in January, after waiting a few weeks to receive my permanent plates. In the end, I went to AAA prior to receiving my permanent plates and they were able to look up what my permanent plate would be and assist in ordering a vanity plate.

What's strange is, back in 2018, I had a BMW M2 on order, and was able to order a vanity plate without needing the permanent plate first. Guess the DMV has changed their rules, just not sure why...

Told it will take 6-9 months to receive it.

Anyone have any clever vanity plates on order or on their Tesla, and care to share it?

I the following for my Model Y:

I8A MDL3

DMV changed the system, right now new plates should be tight to VIN+current plate when placing an order, before was not the case.

In 2021 I placed an order for two custom plates, had to wait 8-9 months to get it, good part they come to your mail box with new paper registration vs old days you had to go to DMV to pick them up.

I placed my order for a vanity plate at my local AAA Auto Club. It was ordered on January 25, 2022.

Just received a call yesterday from them, that my plates are now in and available to be picked up!

I was told they'd take around 8-9 months! Ended up being slightly over 3 months!

Just wanted anyone interested or waiting on their plates to know, DMV seems to be getting them out much quicker.

Well, had this old plate from my bro-in-law vendor shows way back early 2000. Been in my garage wall since then. Maybe it's meant for us to buy a piece of Elon. Our first part of Tesla. Lol.
But really, have you seen the news about the guy who is selling his vanity plate CASH for $2m?
Hahaha..I wonder how much I can get for this ELON plate? 🤔 a share of Tesla stock, any one? Hahaha.

Attachments

• 20230221_202648.jpg
    20230221_202648.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230221_191952.jpg
    20230221_191952.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20230224_180626_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_180626_Chrome.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 50