Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does your HPWC (High Power Wall Connector) look like

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't gotten around to my project yet. I have a 1937 Wayne 70 pump that I purchased from an auction. I plan to strap an HPWC to the inside and route the cable out the hose fitting. That's the easy part - the difficult part is figuring out where it's going (without being in the way), putting some conduit down, then pouring a platform for it to sit upon. Things are tight in my garage the way it is.

View attachment 91324

(Shown without the glass globe mounted. Needs a few pieces of glass, but contains the original pump and motor and wiring, and lights up when you apply power.)
That is absolutely beautiful!!! And looks to be in fantastic condition.

I trust you'll find a way to make the numbers go around as the kW's go in?? :cool:

And since you're one of the resident experts on electrical code issues, you'll have to let us know how your electrical inspector deals with this - LOL :biggrin:

Nice idea Bill D. Keeps the wire neat. I will have to try this myself

Galvanized Furring Channel worked well for routing my HPWC charging cable along the wall. It's widely available in 12-foot lengths for $5 - http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gibraltar...3194/202092934

Just squeeze it into a "U" shape by hand and the cable easily snaps in (and out). Cut it with tin snips and mount with screws. It would also work on the ceiling.

attachment.php?attachmentid=79021&d=1429767661.jpg
attachment.php?attachmentid=79017&d=1429767193.jpg
attachment.php?attachmentid=79019&d=1429767624.jpg
attachment.php?attachmentid=79018&d=1429767599.jpg

I haven't gotten around to my project yet. I have a 1937 Wayne 70 pump that I purchased from an auction. I plan to strap an HPWC to the inside and route the cable out the hose fitting. That's the easy part - the difficult part is figuring out where it's going (without being in the way), putting some conduit down, then pouring a platform for it to sit upon. Things are tight in my garage the way it is.

Took out the pic for my reply but... That's going to be so freaking cool... I can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Jeff

That is absolutely beautiful!!! And looks to be in fantastic condition.

I trust you'll find a way to make the numbers go around as the kW's go in?? :cool:

And since you're one of the resident experts on electrical code issues, you'll have to let us know how your electrical inspector deals with this - LOL :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to make the computer work on the pump. I'm going to do it simply - strap an HPWC inside and route the cable through the fitting. Trying to keep the pump in original condition (still has its guts). I *might* try to affix a small motor to the computer's input shaft, but that's if I get some time (I don't have it right now).

No permits or inspections for electrical work where I live, only permit required is when doing building modifications (and that's just used to inform the tax assessor they need to come raise your taxes when you're done - no inspections required).