Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Don't You Like About Your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The voice control in the S is the only one I have ever found to be useful. I can tell it to call people and it works. I can ask "Where is" xxx and it navigates to it. The calendar sync works amazingly well I love that I can have a location for an event and just tap it on the screen to initiate navigation. I agree on the USB organization. I have a full body roof and I'm happy with the sound system. Also can use the phone menu on the screen to dial and push buttons which is beyond basic bluetooth.
cant read texts to you
long delays on voice recognition then gets it wrong

Dudes, stop arguing with people about what they don't like. This thread is for listing complaints, justified or not. It's what people feel. If you can't stand to see criticism, maybe this thread isn't for you.

So, first, I love my car, but it has flaws like any other car.

If any other car maker were to make a compatible EV, I would take a serious look. For instance, I took a Bolt test drive - if you want that size car, that's a nice car the check out!

My list:

I wish it had GPS aware auto lock so it wouldn't auto lock in my garage.

I hate the falcon wing doors on my X.

Auto open door is frustrating - every time I walk past it in my garage (I guess Elon doesn't use his garage for anything other than parking?), it opens.

Both Model S and X door handles are annoying in their own way.

Either remove the web browser or bring it up to 2017 standards.

Fix the nav so that it doesn't think local streets have no traffic lights. It thinks you can drive average the speed limit on local streets!

Bring back the old UI where I don't have to tap more than once to select an icon.

Allow regen to bring car to a stop.
But it is a forum. You can look at it as arguing if you want, but I would call it an exchange of different opinions.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/

noun
  1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I don't like how Elon got our hopes up for a fuller featured phone app and then released a new app with no new added features. What the heck is up with that? :cool:
The app may not have any new features but it works vastly better than the old one. It is quick and reliable now versus exceedingly slow and balky before. I was quite pleased with the new Tesla phone app.

1. Lack of interior storage.
2. When the sunroof is open and you receive a call, no one can hear you. Then when you go to close the sunroof it requires multiple gestures regardless of steering wheel or main screen. Very distracting while already driving and already on a phone call.
3. Handles don't always pop out.
4. They got rid of the way to change media sources via steering wheel.
5. Garage door GPS location varies.
6. EZPass does not work through the windshield glass. I have to open my sunroof and stick it out for the toll to process. Fun in the rain!
7. Lack of dry cleaning hook.
8. GPS location for air suspension doesn't always work, necessitating checking whether it's raised the car whenever you approach some typical locations.

that is one of the main complaints about the cabin
interesting, mine never varies
6. EZPass does not work through the windshield glass. I have to open my sunroof and stick it out for the toll to process. Fun in the rain!
if you have an older model you can mount it under the nose cone but be aware that for some reason I couldn't get it to work on the VZ bridge.
'HookUp' Coat Hooks - Set of Two for Tesla Model S

I wrote in another forum I love my Tesla's (S and X) 110%. There are some issues that bring the love down to 108% though:

1] Cannot summons via key fob in Australia
2] No browser in Australia.
3] AP does not read the 'dynamic' (i.e. LED) speed signs we have in Australia
3] No 2'' tow hitch in Australia
5] No homelink in Australia
6] Rattles and squeaks
7] Although not affected (yet) I wish Tesla were a little more transparent on the counter issues.
8] Stated range on the model X a little optimistic (as in 25% too optimistic)
9] Not being able to record the cameras (surely they could record to a USB stick)?

Still love them to bits though :)

Owning/driving 3 different Teslas has been a great experience. The major concern now is parts availability. No one should wait two months for a part. A windshield for the 2012 is still on backorder. What if I had serious glass damage on a road trip?

Major complaint: no AM radio in Model X. I no longer have that vehicle; problem solved.

grab handles is the only omission that you cannot fix on your own.
Also no back seat center arm rest.

Don't Tesla use any focus group reviews when designing a car?

Those were the two concerns that I immediately had the first time seat inside a Model S.

Many cars have a center-rear-seat-console that can be folded up into the seat, and provide also a ski pass through.

For back passengers, a grab handle is very helpful, and can be used to hang up a jacket or some dry cleaning clothes.

I'll add ...

- inability to honk at someone without blasting them
- useless browser
- inability to upgrade classic to newer stuff - hardware required
- did anyone mention lack of cup holders yet? :)

I would say the worst part of owning in is dreading service and body work; did I jinx myself.

We're so spoiled!

2. When the sunroof is open and you receive a call, no one can hear you. Then when you go to close the sunroof it requires multiple gestures regardless of steering wheel or main screen. Very distracting while already driving and already on a phone call.
3. Handles don't always pop out.
4. They got rid of the way to change media sources via steering wheel.
8. GPS location for air suspension doesn't always work, necessitating checking whether it's raised the car whenever you approach some typical locations.

Regarding sunroof, if the right steering wheel button is set to operate it, just pushing it will close it completely.

Also no back seat center arm rest.

Don't Tesla use any focus group reviews when designing a car?

Honestly, as far as we can tell, no. Elon seems to be the sole guy that is the head product manager. Which explains why a $37K Chevy Bolt has more convenience and useability features than Teslas top of the line cars.

My complaints are the lack of service options. My nearest service center is 200 miles away and Tesla will not release the service manuals allowing us to handle most issues.

PS when I purchased they had fantastic Ranger service that worked welll. The service center is good as well just hard and expensive to get there.