Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Dress Goes Best with a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than in TV and Movies, does anyone even wear dresses anymore? I can't recall the last time I saw one in real-life.

I'm sure it's quite regional but also incredibly individual. When it's nice out I'll wear a dress as often as not, while my wife generally wears dresses only on special occasions. Judging from other women on the corporate campus I'd say it's close to 50/50 between dresses or skirts and pants on a nice day where I work. Your mileage will definitely vary. A good clue to their relative popularity is availability — I've never had any trouble finding a good selection of casual and work wear to suit my tastes, so I can't be a complete outlier.

87838d1334008562-lake-harding-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures.jpg

Other than in TV and Movies, does anyone even wear dresses anymore? I can't recall the last time I saw one in real-life.
You should get out more, Jerry. When I was in Texas for Easter this year, every female in the church was in a dress. When I threw a cocktail reception in the Houston Public Library (great location for a nice event, btw), all the women were either in a dress or a skirt/jacket combo. At the theater (incl. opera, ballet, etc.) here in the Northeast, most women are in dresses or skirts.

Hah. I knew that comment was going to light a small fire lol I'm just messing around as always no harm intended.

Here's a photo "more appropriate" to the topic at hand. Courtesy of google image search. No idea who the lady is or where the photo was taken.

Now that's what I mean: match but don't match. Blue against red, pops of red against the blue, red mismatches red but via the blue so it's OK. (I've watched way too much What Not To Wear with my wife.) A bit too matt for the blue for my taste.

OK, so from pictures Midnight Blue's pretty dark, so should act as a neutral. So then you have the interior. If you're thinking impression inside and exiting the vehicle, you'd want a good contrast with that light interior. So, I'm thinking a bold, bright color would work well (maybe my bias showing there too). As much as I like a bold, shiny blue I think maybe a bold red, green or yellow (particularly needs to be bold if yellow or green, I think) against that interior and exterior. Pick a color that works well for the lady in question.

I usually tend to know whether I don't like something rather than identifying what I do like. Not a helpful shopper.

You should get out more, Jerry. When I was in Texas for Easter this year, every female in the church was in a dress.

No comment.

At the theater (incl. opera, ballet, etc.) here in the Northeast, most women are in dresses or skirts.

Every five or ten years I get talked into going to one of those events, and every time I make a resolution never to get talked into going again.

OK, so from pictures Midnight Blue's pretty dark, so should act as a neutral. So then you have the interior. If you're thinking impression inside and exiting the vehicle, you'd want a good contrast with that light interior. So, I'm thinking a bold, bright color would work well (maybe my bias showing there too). As much as I like a bold, shiny blue I think maybe a bold red, green or yellow (particularly needs to be bold if yellow or green, I think) against that interior and exterior. Pick a color that works well for the lady in question.

For someone who claims they don't really know what they like, I think that assessment is spot on! Sure, you could go with a print against the solid backdrop as well – but there's definitely an opportunity to make a statement with a simple, bold color choice. Yellow would be incredibly striking against the midnight blue, as would the right pink, or a lime green if you've got a darker complexion (I tend to look a little sickly in anything that reflects that much green.) I also tend to think about a dress with a lot of movement, something flowing for contrast with the unyielding lines of the car.

This thread is useless without pics!

Do you think this thread reads like an open, non-threatening place for a woman to share pictures without judgement?

Oh boy. If that one photo started people on throwing the slut word around at strangers just for them having a less-than-modest-but-attractive outfit on, then I shall decline to post photos of my date and the S... Because I know I will end up in a room with some of you one day... and would rather think kindly of you ;)

Post away, I already promised not to write anymore (yeah, this post kind of breaks that promise, but the point is I'm the one who introduced "the slut word" to this thread - meanwhile, I'm very tempted to use that word in the Sarah Palin thread; wonder if anyone here would have a problem with THAT)...

... meanwhile, I'm very tempted to use that word in the Sarah Palin thread; wonder if anyone here would have a problem with THAT)...

Actually, yes I would. Not that I'm any fan of Sarah Palin, but the problem is the perpetuation of associsting sexual shaming with women. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to take issue with her positions, so go after them on their merits or lack thereof, not with an ad hominem attack that incidentally smears women in general.

Actually, yes I would. Not that I'm any fan of Sarah Palin, but the problem is the perpetuation of associsting sexual shaming with women. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to take issue with her positions, so go after them on their merits or lack thereof, not with an ad hominem attack that incidentally smears women in general.

I am pretty much as opposed to Sarah Palin as one can get from an ideological standpoint*. But naturally, I second that opinion.

Update/Clarification:

*Ok, just so there’s no misunderstandings: I am of course a fundamentalist democrat. And by democrat I mean that I will of course always stand up for proportional democratic elections, meaning every human being that’s entitled to vote also gets one vote. And as a perhaps interesting fact, no one – and by that I really do mean no one ever spends more than a few minutes in line when it’s time to vote in Sweden… (Five minutes at the most…).

Last edited:
Also agree. There is much to disagree with SP about but her sexual activity, whatever it may be, is no concern of mine.