TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What else can I do with DA polisher?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yobigd20, Sep 6, 2013.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

What else can I do with DA polisher?

I bought griots garage dual action polisher to apply glare to my P85. But what other things can I do with this such as maybe refinishing a dining room table top or hardwood flooring? If so, what types of pads / finishes / etc would I use for doing this?

My dining room table had a few spots where I think hot plates made it dull, I would like to fix this.

Similarly, my hardwood floors (3/8" engineered hardwood planks) look dullish in most areas and VERY scratched up.

Can I fix these with this polisher?

2. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

I have used my DA polisher for wood finishing as well as car polishing - the polisher works like a charm. One word of caution though: keep completely separate backing plates and pads for wood vs car work. And one major PITA will be that you will get fine sawdust all over the device after any woodwork; this will need to be meticulously cleaned off prior to any car work so as to not damage the paint.