TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What exactly is included in the $2,000 Autopilot option?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by hallcp, Mar 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. hallcp

hallcp Member

So the price to add "Autopilot" to my six-month old Model X appears to be down to $2000.

Can someone explain exactly what features that would give me? I gather it can do highway driving, and maintain the distance between me and the car ahead, like Adaptive Cruise Control, is that correct?

That alone may be a good deal, but what else can it do? A lot of what I found when I looked on-line seemed to describe previous options, not the current two options "Autopilot" and "Autopilot + Full Self-Driving Capability". The Tesla website is clear that Summon, AutoPark and Navigate on Autopilot are in the FSD package.

2. roguenode

roguenode Member

You get traffic aware cruise control and auto-steer. You no longer get the summon, autopark, and Nav on AP that were included in EAP.

3. azred

azred Active Member

#3 azred, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    While lots of people have answered this question confidently, that doesnt’t mean they know what they are talking about. I purchased AP for my S about a week ago and it includes a fully functioning Auto Lane Change and Summon, which only means it can enter and exit my garage with my oversight. It also tends to lose its connection, which is consistent with how Summon poorly works on my 3.

Will Auto Lane Change and Summon be taken away from my S later? The answer is we will never know because I just purchased FSD before the price yo-yo’s up again Monday. But what we do know is at least one customer received Auto Lane Change and Summon as part of the “new” AP software:) (I don’t use Autopark so I don’t know if it is present on my S.)

My theory is they gave me what my EAP trial a year ago included because I have Summon but not NOA, which wasn’t available during my trial. Anyone else have the same experience?

4. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Everything I have seen listed on the Tesla site suggests you are correct on Summons, AutoPark, and NavOnAP now being part of the FSD package. Like you, when I got my X (May 2018) it was $4,000/5,000 and had these. So I have no issue with the repackaging and price changes.

5. Roger515

Roger515 New Member

i bought the Autopilot on last thursday for $2000.- and the car has Summon. But i think i will not receive the advanced summon feature later.

6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Member

You will have summon and navigate on AP for now until the next software update (could happen in a few hours) removes these “extra features”.

7. mtuhoop24

mtuhoop24 Member

I order the FSD but had the full EAP to start with. I am not going to lose some of those features am I?

8. 75Shappyt

75Shappyt Member

I have EAP, I just bought FSD 2000.00, it downloaded to my car, but not see any changes, should I?

9. mtuhoop24

mtuhoop24 Member

How do you know it downloaded to your car. I ordered it the weekend it came out and nothing downloaded.

10. 75Shappyt

75Shappyt Member

told be download was successful, pressed skid, screen cam alive, but didn't see any changes

11. LTR2018

LTR2018 Member

It is stupidly confusing. I have EAP with 2.5 hardware on the car (delivered 6/18). If I have it right, the FSD option, if purchased, will allow me to upgrade to the 3.0 computer (when available), which will then support further levels of autonomous driving features. Right now, if purchased, it makes no changes to the car or the car's function. If I don't purchase it, I will never get the 3.0 computer and any of the newer autonomous driving features. I will, of course, keep the EAP features I currently enjoy.

12. mtuhoop24

mtuhoop24 Member

That is what I think too!

13. 75Shappyt

75Shappyt Member

I guess I'm looking at the future, when ever that comes, my not even have the car. I hope it helps with the resale

• Informative x 1
  14. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

I bought because plan to keep car 15-20 years. Maybe when it’s unsafe for me to drive, car will drive me around safely

15. LoveMX

LoveMX Member

If they can replace the chip in those who pay now, they can certainly replace it IF and when FSD is actually released. No one should be surprised if eventually FSD drops down to less than $2000.

• Like x 1
  16. dethman

dethman Member

IMO the car will never last that long. And since it's all tech now, it keeps changing so fast your hardware will be antiquated and not be able to support all the new software and features 10 years from now, IF fake self driving ever comes to fruition. Despite whatever promises elon gives.

17. LTR2018

LTR2018 Member

Agree, LoveMX...the chip/computer can be upgraded to 3.0 anytime. And who knows if the price will ultimately drop below $2000. Anyone's guess. Today, we know for a fact it goes back up to $3,000 on Monday.
    However, in hearing Elon talk about the increased computing power of the 3.0 hardware, I think there will be additional improvements to EAP long before any 'full self driving' is available.
    Advanced summons? More cameras associated with sentry mode? Better blind spot detection? Who knows what the enhanced computing power will offer.
    I am dropping the bucks now, even if it just means an enhancement of my EAP features.

18. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

I think the only thing getting today is early software access program after purchasing FSD (must have EAP, not AP)

19. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Go to your car on your account.
    If the option is Autopilot, it's adaptive cruise control, autosteer and summon.
    If the option is Enhanced Auto Pilot, it's the above plus Navigate on Autopilot, Enhanced Summon (maybe in the future) and Autopark.

20. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

See attached image

Attached Files: