Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What exactly is included in the $2,000 Autopilot option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have an 11/18 MS and I just purchased the $2K AP. The 3 features I expected are TACC, Autosteer, and Lane Change with confirmation.

However, if I put on my blinker, instead of Autosteer moving me over into the lane, it disengages Autosteer, I have to manually change lanes and then re-engage Autosteer.

Anyone know what’s going on?

So I have an 11/18 MS and I just purchased the $2K AP. The 3 features I expected are TACC, Autosteer, and Lane Change with confirmation.

However, if I put on my blinker, instead of Autosteer moving me over into the lane, it disengages Autosteer, I have to manually change lanes and then re-engage Autosteer.

My understanding is the new autopilot option is basically traffic aware cruise control with lane keeping. Not lane changing. I think the chart on the previous page is wrong.

You need to buy FSD. If you previously had none, your upgrade screen should have looked like this:
1FF9FD72-B31E-4A5F-9F09-8848043CD5B5.jpeg

Notice is says - “within its lane” So even though auto lane change was available with AP1, and NoA is a part of EAP, these features are not included in the new AP.

Attachments

• D5462CFC-0545-43B7-BF6E-3C0324679FCE.jpeg
    D5462CFC-0545-43B7-BF6E-3C0324679FCE.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 64
Will the potential next software update with red light & stop sign recognition need the hardware update?

I think those with EAP purchased prior to Tesla breaking up those options may not get the stop/red light recognition as it is now moved to FSD. Current EAP owners won't get the advanced summon either without buying FSD I think.

Struggling to understand how the red light and stop sign features will work without the car being in full autonomous driving mode. As AP won’t be engaged on the road (non-highway) and you will manually be driving the car - what will the FSD features do - apply the brakes for you when it sees a light or stop sign? Not really understanding it to be honest.

On my Model 3, I opted for no autopilot at all.

Then I bought AP on Thursday and received autosteer on the highway and TAAC. Cost me $2,000.

I assumed and was expecting it to have auto lane change. NOPE. So that is not included. I did not get summon or anything like some other members have posted.

I purchased FSD today, so I guess I'll get all that stuff when the update hits.